Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 7, 2023 at 2:46 pm #13787541

gianfrancoa-3

Tell us what you are trying to do?
>> I'm translating WooCommerce products using WPML Classic Editor. It seems every field or data are correctly translated and synced, except Rank Math "Primary Term" for product categories.

So I've checked WPML settings and I've found that "rank_math_primary_product_cat" is set on "Don't translate" (as you can see in the attached screenshot), so I guess that's why the primary term is not translated. What translation option should I set for "rank_math_primary_product_cat"?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
>> I've found this one:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/
According to this documentation I should set translation option for "rank_math_primary_product_cat" to "Copy", is that correct?

Please, help me understand how to sync Rank Math "Primary Term" for product categories between languages. Thanks!

rank_math_translation.jpg
June 8, 2023 at 8:06 am #13790883

gianfrancoa-3

Ok, I've found a similar topic:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/rank-math-breadcrumbs-make-term-primary/
Following the steps in those topic I've solved my iusse... or at least it seems so.

But, let me say this issue should NOT exists right now. The fix mentioned in the topic should be added by default to WPML, or at least to the WPML SEO plugin, since it's specifically made to add better compatibility between WPML and Rank Math/Yoast.

I've lost half a working day because you did not add an already known fix to your (commercial, not free!) plugin, and that's really sucks.

Please, try to be better than this.

June 8, 2023 at 8:25 pm #13795701

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

This is a known issue that was already internally escalated - I have added your ticket to this thread.

For now, please keep applying the workaround and make sure that rank_math_primary_category is set to Copy.

Our developers will solve the issue, once we received more reports, but for now, the development team has many tasks with higher priority, so I can sadly not tell when this issue might get solved inside an update for WPML SEO.

Best regards
Andreas