Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing an issue with the Translation Management dashboard showing "2 translations waiting for review" even though there are none when checked.

Solution:
First, we recommend backing up the database before making any changes. If the client is comfortable with database operations, we suggest running the following SQL query to resolve the issue:

UPDATE `wp_icl_translation_status` SET `review_status` = NULL WHERE `review_status` LIKE ''

If the client is not familiar with database operations, we can install the PHPmyadmin plugin to assist with the process. Alternatively, the client can manually check the

icl_translation_status

table for the

review_status

column and set it to "ACCEPTED" to clear the stuck queue. If these solutions do not resolve the issue, we are ready to provide further assistance and may involve our 2nd Tier Support.

If this solution doesn't look relevant, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
December 4, 2023 at 6:01 pm

tannerT

Hey there, there seems to be a bug internally. On Translation Management I always see "
2 translations waiting for review", when I click on it there are none

December 4, 2023 at 7:05 pm
December 4, 2023 at 7:15 pm #14991003

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your patience.

I've checked and I think the plugin deactivation broke some languages. Could you please restore the site from your backup?

December 4, 2023 at 8:32 pm #14991367

tannerT

Hi Kor, deactivating the plugin and reactiving the plugin would definitely not break translations. I noticed you activated the Child Theme and restored the original Them

December 4, 2023 at 8:37 pm #14991371

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the site broke when I deactivated the plugins and when I checked the debug logs, it's saying that the theme is causing issues. So, I've switched themes to fix the site. Could you restore the site from the backup so that I can continue escalating this to our 2nd Tier Support for further assistance?

[04-Dec-2023 18:53:08 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function is_checkout() in /home/dev2ellasbubbles/public_html/wp-content/themes/flatsome/functions.php:793
Stack trace:
#0 /home/dev2ellasbubbles/public_html/wp-settings.php(611): include()
#1 /home/dev2ellasbubbles/public_html/wp-config.php(71): require_once('/home/dev2ellas...')
#2 /home/dev2ellasbubbles/public_html/wp-load.php(50): require_once('/home/dev2ellas...')
#3 /home/dev2ellasbubbles/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once('/home/dev2ellas...')
#4 /home/dev2ellasbubbles/public_html/index.php(17): require('/home/dev2ellas...')
#5 {main}
  thrown in /home/dev2ellasbubbles/public_html/wp-content/themes/flatsome/functions.php on line 793
December 4, 2023 at 9:09 pm #14991669

tannerT

We are not able to restore the complete site from a the backup due to much implementation today. This will NOT be a possibility

Please take necessary steps to resolve the issue as intended vs. "restore from backup".

You still have complete admin access. Thank you,

December 5, 2023 at 9:56 am #14995077

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear that you cannot restore from a backup. I will check and see if there is anything I can do from my end to fix the "broken language" and "Translation waiting for review" issues.

December 5, 2023 at 2:38 pm #14999547

tannerT

Waiting for update, of course we need to get this resolved. We started with a pesky translation notice, and now have no languages. Please escalate to corresponding departments or higher tiers to get this resolved immediately.

Like asking for a tire change and the company breaks your engine.

December 5, 2023 at 2:43 pm #14999629

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I've rechecked and it looks like you've fixed the languages. I will proceed with escalating to our 2nd Tier Support to check on the "Translation waiting for review" issue.

December 5, 2023 at 2:44 pm #14999663

tannerT

I really appreciate it Kor!

December 5, 2023 at 2:52 pm #14999767

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your patience.

I've just escalated this to our 2nd Tier Support and I will come back to you once I have feedback.

December 5, 2023 at 3:17 pm #15000085

tannerT

Thank you, I am on standby

December 5, 2023 at 3:48 pm #15000475

Kor
Supporter

I appreciate your patience.

I have some feedback, and I kindly request access to the server database to execute the following SQL query. However, before proceeding, please ensure that a full backup is performed.

If you are unsure about the process, I would also like to request permission to install the PHPmyadmin plugin, which will allow me to run the following SQL query:

UPDATE `wp_icl_translation_status` SET `review_status` = NULL
WHERE `review_status` LIKE ''
December 5, 2023 at 5:31 pm #15001649

tannerT

See this image log here:
- Query Ran, 0 rows affected
- 2 Translations are still pending review
- Cannot be found at all

hidden link

December 5, 2023 at 5:34 pm #15001653

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Could you try checking the icl_translation_status table for the review_status column? Then manually set it to "ACCEPTED" and clear it from the stuck queue. Let me know if this method works. If not, I will ask for another feedback from our 2nd Tier Support.

tannerT confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-12-05 17:43:04.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.