Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
October 23, 2023 at 2:22 pm

mauricioS-4

The donation form was working with English and Portuguese, but when I change the language for Arabic, RTL, the form stop work.

October 23, 2023 at 3:12 pm
October 23, 2023 at 3:29 pm #14639825

mauricioS-4

hidden link

This is the form that show error when I was in the Arabic Language.

October 23, 2023 at 8:50 pm #14641307

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for letting us know the correct page.

Just to make sure, do we have your authorization to make a copy of the website and migrate it into another server? In order to perform more complex tests without compromising the live production.

Please keep us posted about it. Thank you.

October 23, 2023 at 9:29 pm #14641461

mauricioS-4

Normally, I'm not too fond of doing this, but since our website is already in production, it's okay. You may proceed.

October 24, 2023 at 4:10 pm #14649577

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience.

We have applied the workaround of the mentioned errata page: https://wpml.org/errata/give-donation-fatal-error-when-trying-to-update-or-translate-a-form/, and everything seems to be fine now. Could you please review it?

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

Regards,
Mateus.

October 24, 2023 at 4:29 pm #14649685

mauricioS-4

I tested it here, and as mentioned at the beginning of this ticket, I'm getting the same error, as shown in the screenshot.Could you please test it again and see if it works when we're in Arabic translation mode?

hidden link

image (8).png
image (6).png
October 25, 2023 at 12:02 pm #14660553

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hi there,

Since you haven't provided the exact step-by-step in order to reproduce the issue previously, I thought that the problem was that we were not able to update the Arabic donation form in the backend - which indeed was occurring, and could be solved with the solution in the errata.

But let's go into the error you just mentioned, related to filling and sending the form in the frontend:

Error: An occurred while processing the donation with the gateway. Please try your donation again.

If we go to the WP Dashboard -> Contributions -> Tools -> Logs tab, we'll see that an error with description 'stripe error', category 'payment', and source 'give core' is registered any time we try to send the Arabic form. Now, if we open its details:

{
    "post_title": "Stripe Error",
    "post_content": "The Stripe Gateway returned an error while creating the Checkout Session. Details: (Status 400) (Request req_jmkKmmY8Iis9y8) Invalid locale: must be one of auto, bg, cs, da, de, el, en, en-GB, es, es-419, et, fi, fil, fr, fr-CA, hr, hu, id, it, ja, ko, lt, lv, ms, mt, nb, nl, pl, pt, pt-BR, ro, ru, sk, sl, sv, th, tr, vi, zh, zh-HK, or zh-TW",
    "post_parent": 0,
    "log_type": "gateway_error",
    "file": "wp-content/plugins/give/includes/gateways/functions.php",
    "line": 299,
    "function": "add",
    "class": "Give_Logging"
}

The 'invalid locale' indicates that the language is not included for the payment gateway Stripe. And if we check in their official website, we cannot see 'Arabic' in the list of supported languages: hidden link

Sorry, but I'm afraid this does not seem related to our plugin at all. You could set an Arabic website without WPML, and the setup with Stripe and Give WP wouldn't work well together.

Therefore, what I can suggest in this scenario is that you try to contact the Give WP support team and check if they have any way to workaround this situation.

I hope this information is clear and helps you to solve the issue. Please let us know.

Regards,
Mateus.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.