Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.48 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 26 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Eran Helzer 9 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Eran Helzer.

Author Posts
July 10, 2023 at 6:04 am

giuseppeP-25

I have a problem with ACF translations.
I made all of them with string translation but they are not showing online.

July 10, 2023 at 8:01 am
July 10, 2023 at 11:55 am
July 10, 2023 at 12:35 pm #13998691

giuseppeP-25

Hello! I am trying to do what you suggested but I am getting this error We are unable to contact the source site. Due to this the migration cannot be completed.

You don't have to refer to the website url only but also on its IP address, becuase it is not online.

Please let me know as soon as possibile. It is a quite urgent matter.

Thank you

July 10, 2023 at 1:03 pm #14000483

Eran Helzer
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

I will consult with mu colleagues about this, however it is almost surely on your end.

Your site is online, since I can reach it. Even if I have to use the IP address, the fact that I can means it is online. The problem is almost certainly something with your firewall configuration.

If you can, try to verify with your provider/server admin how you can allow communication to and from our Cloudways, hidden link.

If I have news from our end, I will also update you.

July 10, 2023 at 3:59 pm #14008175

giuseppeP-25

Dear Eran
I am checking with my server provider.
In the meantime I can tell you that I don't see all the options you gave me for the transfer.
I am attaching what I see
Is this ok?

info-wpml.JPG
July 11, 2023 at 6:33 am #14010169

Eran Helzer
Supporter

Yes, looks correct.

Please make sure to use their WordPress plugin and not any other:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/bv-cloudways-automated-migration/

July 11, 2023 at 6:06 pm #14017493

giuseppeP-25

Dear Eran
The problem from our side is not clear. I installed the plugin and you have all the info to login to our website. Could you try by yourself and see if you can make it? Or is there any other way to do that? It is a really urgent matter.
Thanks a lot!

July 12, 2023 at 5:55 am #14019013

Eran Helzer
Supporter

Yes, I can attempt the migration myself.

The credentials you provided before were removed to protect your privacy, please provide them once again.

I have set your next reply to be private so you can share credentials there.
Remember that it is always better to create a new admin user for me, then when we are done you can delete it.

July 12, 2023 at 6:24 am
July 12, 2023 at 7:47 am #14020019

Eran Helzer
Supporter

I tried migrating the site, but the migration could not start due to "We are unable to contact the source site. Due to this the migration cannot be completed.".

Then, I began attempting to migrate the site manually, as is described here (hidden link) but could not access the server using FTP to get the folder .zip.

Please update me when your provider confirms that the server is publicly available, otherwise I can't proceed.

July 12, 2023 at 9:04 am #14021109

giuseppeP-25

Hello,
I think there was a mistake in the FTP password.
You just need to add this character | at the beginning of the password ... so it is: |Pai ... and the everything else

Please let me know

July 12, 2023 at 5:56 pm #14027405

giuseppeP-25

Hello!
Is everything OK?
Did you manage to access ftp?
Thank you! 🙏

July 13, 2023 at 7:18 am #14029305

Eran Helzer
Supporter

Yes.

I am taking another look at the site, now that it is on our servers.

Currently I noticed something peculiar:
- I saw that "Prodotti" does show in the WPML -> Settings -> Post Types Translation
- For some reason it isn't possible to translate the "Categorie di prodotto" taxonomy

I believe that the strings which you translated in the String Translation are not the Category (Categorie di prodotto) strings, and that may be why the translations do not display.

I will consult with the 2nd tier and update you.

July 13, 2023 at 7:30 am #14029327

giuseppeP-25

Dear Eran
Thank you for the update.
As you can see in the page I translated the problem is that the translations of the various product fields are not showing. The labels are translated such as CATEGORY PRODUCER APPEARENCE... but not the fields such as the name of the ingredients... (right after the APPEARENCE field)
It is a big and urgent problem for me so I do hope it is possible to find a solution or a workaround.
Or maybe I did something wrong in process...
You may take a look at the other two topics I found on WPML.
Thank you for your assistance.
Best regards

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.