Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Eran Helzer 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Eran Helzer.

Author Posts
July 18, 2023 at 10:01 am #14057087

marcelK-19

I am trying to:
Translate whole page via Automatic Translation
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
I expected to see:
Translated links
Instead, I got:
Original Links to the original german sites in translated english pages.

July 18, 2023 at 1:00 pm #14059409

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for your contact.

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

You can translate links using this ATE feature: https://wpml.org/announcements/2020/02/translating-links-with-advanced-translation-editor/. Could you please check it, give it a try and let us know if it solves the issue?

Thank you, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,
Mateus.

July 19, 2023 at 9:44 am #14064265

marcelK-19

Hi Mateus,

thanks for your help.
1. No links are shown in the ATE. Not at all. Not even one.
2. I use Full Automated Translation. What is the point about full automated Translation if I have to manually translate all links on all pages?

Thanks a lot!

July 19, 2023 at 1:15 pm #14066415

Eran Helzer
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Regarding your first point, unless this is how you tried, you need to use the search box in the top left corner of the Advanced Translation Editor, as links do not defaultly show unless searched for.

Regarding the second point, you are correct. WPML, upon rendering a page scans it and replaces internal URLs with the correct version, depending on the current language. Thus, other than for external links, you should not need to translate links.

In the page you shared I see only one link to English content. That is a link to a post, and below it there is the correct version of the link. This could be caused by checking the setting in WPML -> Languages -> Links to translation of posts, can you verify if this is the case here?

If this is not the issue you are experiencing, can you please direct me to the pages where it is occurring, and what the incorrect links in those pages are?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.