Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 year, 3 months ago.

Author Posts
February 3, 2023 at 5:06 am #12952433

kelvinL-3

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have two languages, English and Traditional Chinese, and I want to have Traditional Chinese be the default language for every product. Refer to the uploaded screenshot, and you may find that post id 6302 is Traditional Chinese, but all attributes are locked, and post id 5905 is English.

I have nine categories, but only one has such an issue. I think the batch import caused it. Is it possible to swap the master post and translated post? I want all attributes can be edited to all Traditional Chinese products? Please help.

Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 10.50.54 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 10.49.28 AM.png
February 3, 2023 at 9:41 am #12953999

kelvinL-3

Why I need to correct them because I frequently update the price using Quick Edit, from the product list, there is no information to explain which language is the first language of the product, then when I Quick Edit in incorrect language, I will get "Quick edit is disabled for product translations. It's recommended to use the WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency products editor for editing products translations", it is not convenient.

If all products' first languages are the same, then I can simply click quick edit and change the price directly. Or do you have any good way for updating the price?

Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 5.38.44 PM.png
February 3, 2023 at 10:26 am #12954349

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for contacting us.

Yes, this is possible but would require some manual actions to change the original product and translation of.

Please check the next ticket and steps:

- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-change-default-language-of-already-made-post/#post-3692807

Regards,
Drazen

The topic ‘[Closed] Change the translated post to be the master’ is closed to new replies.