Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author Posts
September 26, 2022 at 2:34 pm #12125351

enrikB

Hi there,

I am trying to:
Translate Contact Forms 7 forms.
We use latest Contact Forms 7 Version, latest WPML core and latest Contact Forms 7 Multilingual add-on.
We have 2 forms in 2 languages and we insert them to a template via shortcodes (screenshot 1).
In the original language everything works as expected - both forms are rendered in their respektive divs (screenshot 2).
However, on the translated page only the first form is rendered and the second one is not shown - even the enclosing div is not rendered (screenshot 3).
When we deactivate the Contact Forms Multilingual add-on both forms are rendered correctly (of course only in the original language).
We suspect there is some error, but nothing relevant shows up in error.log and preliminary debugging hasn't brought us any insight into what might cause this.

Can you please help us resolve this issue?

Best regards,
Rasti

CleanShot 2022-09-26 at 16.27.40.png
CleanShot 2022-09-26 at 16.24.43.png
CleanShot 2022-09-26 at 16.22.06.png
September 27, 2022 at 12:24 pm #12131459

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

While you are waiting for one of my colleagues to take this ticket and work on it, let me provide you with first debugging steps or if I can perhaps help with the issue quickly.

I noticed that your WPML plugins are out of date. Could you please update to the latest version and see if the problem persists? Please also make sure you followed all the steps in this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/

If the issue persists, could you please send us some screenshots of the editing screen of the page that contains the form, and also the link to the page?

Please let us know if it worked for you.

October 4, 2022 at 7:34 am #12174815

enrikB

Hi Diego

Thank you for your support.
Unfortunately, updates didn't help with the resolution of th problem.

The pages in question are:
Working: hidden link
Not working: hidden link

You will need to be logged in to access the translated page, so please let me know how would you like the access credentials be delivered.

To reproduce the issue:
Try to switch between "Mitteilung" "Offerteanfrage".
It works in the original language (German) but not in the translation (English).

Best regards
Rasti

October 4, 2022 at 10:43 am #12176355

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

For further investigation, I will require access details (wp-admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test/staging site where the problem has been replicated if possible.

Before sharing access details:
***We always recommend to take full backup of your site (Files and Databse)***

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it. Here is a screenshot of private reply where you should fill the private fields:
- hidden link

Please check the following link for details on privacy and security:
- https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

October 6, 2022 at 1:05 pm #12194129

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you for sharing admin access details.

I tried to access the translated contact form page:
- hidden link

But I noticed that when I try to access the above translated contact page, it redirect me to home page.

On further investigation, I found that the translation language (English) you have set it as hidden. Is there any reason why you set the English as hidden language?

What if you unhide the English language and then check the contact form in English language - do you see it working?

October 6, 2022 at 2:37 pm #12194737

enrikB

Hi Minesh,

Thank you for your feedback.
As I stated in my second to last message, you need to be logged in to see the translated page.
The translated language is hidden, because we are in process of translating the site and our client doesn't wish the incomplete translation to be visible to his customers until they are completed. That's what the "hide language" feature is for, I understand.

I have tested your proposal, before we contacted the support, but I retested it on your recommendation. This doesn't solve the problem, the issue remains and the second form remains missing.

If you'd like to briefly test yourself, if our problem has something to do with the language being hidden, you can briefly "unhide" the language and hide it again after your test is finished.

Best regards,
Rasti

October 10, 2022 at 1:05 pm #12213827

enrikB

Hi there

Are there any new developments regarding this issue?

Best regards
Rasti

October 10, 2022 at 1:22 pm #12214007

Minesh
Supporter

No, I will require duplicator copy of your site that will allow me to host your site on my local install and will play with it without effecting your production version.

Can you please share duplicator copy of your site.
=> https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

If duplicator does not work, you should share "ALL in one WP migration" plugin export package.
=> https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

October 11, 2022 at 7:29 am #12217641

enrikB

Hi Milesh

As you requested, I am sending you the Duplicator Package:
hidden link

Best regards
Rasti

October 11, 2022 at 11:41 am #12219585

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you for sharing duplicator package.

I installed the site on my local machine and I found that the issue is how you configured the contact forms with the radio buttons.

If I add the contact form without radito button and try to display it using shortcode:

echo do_shortcode('[contact-form-7 id="14004" title="Offertenanfrage EN"]');

It does display correctly.

When I click on radio option "Offertenanfrage" on English language:
=> hidden link

I see that the div with ID "offertenanfrage-body" is added inside the "mitteilung-body":
=> hidden link

I suggest you should check and try to reconfigure it via radio buttons or maybe change the way how you display the forms using radio buttons.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.