Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 6:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 6:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 6:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 15:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 15:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 15:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicolas Viallet 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Nicolas Viallet.

Author Posts
November 9, 2022 at 5:23 pm #12422941

VH FP

Hi mates,
the host added the Multibyte String Extension but the issue still the same.

They tell me this:
"We inform you that the respective extension was successfully added. If you want to manage PHP extensions in the future, from your cPanel > Select PHP version > Options"

I'm ready to provide you the access of wp admin and cpanel if you need it.

Thank you!

BUG wpml.JPG
November 9, 2022 at 7:57 pm #12423887

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. My name is Nicolas and I will be happy to help you today.

From the email you received it seems that the issue is related to your theme Avada.

- Can you try to switch to a default theme to see if the issue disappear?
- Did you contact Avada's support?

Please let me know how it goes or if you receive other errors related to WPML.
Thanks,
Nico

November 15, 2022 at 11:27 am #12462423

VH FP

Hello,
i changed to other theme, and the issue still there (critical errors).
Can you check please?

Thank you!

November 15, 2022 at 6:23 pm #12466363

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

Could you please provide me with a temporary admin access (wp-admin and FTP) – preferably to a test site where the issue has been replicated – so I can further investigate. I will activate a private field for your next answer where you can provide that information safely (this field is only visible by you and the support team). Don't share your own admin account, create a new one that you will delete when we finish troubleshooting.

IMPORTANT: Before we proceed, please backup your site and database.

I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and Themes, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason why the backup is really important.

Also, please explain me how to reproduce that issue.

Thanks,
Nico

November 16, 2022 at 5:30 pm #12475647

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

I tried to log into your website but when I open the url you provided I have an error 410:

Gone - The requested resource is no longer available on this server and there is no forwarding address. Please remove all references to this resource.

Can you check again? Maybe you changed/customized the login url?
I will reactivate the private field for your next answer.

Nico

November 16, 2022 at 5:46 pm #12475783

VH FP

Hello mate,
the login is ok. Wich one doesn't work? WordPress login? (wp admin)?

November 16, 2022 at 9:47 pm #12476955

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

/wp-admin doesn't work. Either you modified the login url or you have some security plugin that will prevent me from accessing that page (maybe IP restriction). In that case please let me know if I need to use an IP address from a specific country (I tried with a French one).

Nico

November 17, 2022 at 9:32 am #12480029

VH FP

Good morning mate,
it's very strange, i tried here and it works. Try again with the new link (it's the redirection link after the wp-admin)

Thank you!

November 18, 2022 at 2:32 pm #12491031

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you, I was able to log into your dashboard.

So the error happens when you go to "Appearance >Menus" and is related to Mega Menu (which is coming from your theme Avada.

I have deactivated quickly WPML and the issue was still here which means that it was not related to our plugin.
Then I deactivated your Cache plugin and Loco Translate and the issue disappeared. I reactivated them and flush all caches and it seems that the issue didn't get back (so probably a caching issue).

You probably received a couple of emails about the error while I was working on the site but can you confirm that the issue is now gone.

Nico

November 19, 2022 at 9:41 am #12495077

VH FP

Hello mate,
It must have been a one-off improvement, because I went to test it and the error happened again. I'll ask Avada and see what they say. The truth is that this only happened to me after installing WPML and starting translations.

I will let you know

Thank you!

November 19, 2022 at 9:42 am #12495079

VH FP

There is the screenshot

Screenshot 2.JPG
November 19, 2022 at 3:42 pm #12495941

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

Please let me know if Avada support found something.

On your side, did you try to deactivate Loco Translate (I can crete conflicts to have to plugins doing the same thing: WPML and Loco Translate) and flushing your cache?

Nico

The topic ‘[Closed] Critical errors appearing with wpml (still)’ is closed to new replies.