Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
January 6, 2023 at 9:12 am #12763401

samuelK-24

Hi,
Is there any way we can export our site translation without the Elementor data? Our site using Elementor page builder after exporting the translation using WP All Export we noticed that it extracts everything from elementor too.

Please advise. Thank you

January 6, 2023 at 9:57 am #12763573

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

The Elementor builder data is added to the post content and WP All Export also exports all content, not the translation text or other elements. The data of Elementor in the post content will define the columns, layout, style ... when you import the post to a website.
I don't know what the purpose of this case is but I think it is not possible when using WP All Export to export only texts that are translated.

If you want to export only texts that are translated, you can consider exporting XLIFF file. It can help you to export what is sent to the WPML translation editor. Please read more on the documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-desktop-cat-tools/configuring-xliff-file-options/

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

January 6, 2023 at 10:29 am #12763787

samuelK-24

Hi,

All the translated pages on my website didn't use WPML'S Translation Editor (I disabled it you can refer to the attached screenshot). Does this setting affect the XLIFF files? I have already gone through the documentation but couldn't find any option to export as XLIFF and the setting bit confusing and different from mine. Please advise.

Thank you

wpml-editor.png
January 8, 2023 at 2:54 pm #12771087

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

The XLIFF file is only available if you use WPML Translation Editor (using WPML Translation Management). Please read more on the documentation
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-desktop-cat-tools/configuring-xliff-file-options/

If you use the manual (WordPress) editor, I'm afraid that it's not possible to accomplish the task as I explain above.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Export WPML translation without elementor data’ is closed to new replies.