Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.38 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Subash Chandra Poudel 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Subash Chandra Poudel.

Author Posts
November 2, 2022 at 4:37 am #12351921

samuelK-24

Hi,

My site showing this error (please refer to the attached image) on both the admin side and front, I have no idea why this happen and I had to uninstall all the WPML plugins. After uninstalling the site back to normal. Please advise. Thank you

issue.png
November 2, 2022 at 6:03 am #12352365

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

From the error message, you shared it looks like related to a known issue with WPML 4.5.11 and WordPress 6.1.

We have already released WPML 4.5.12 and String Translation 3.2.3 to fix the issue as explained in the next link:

https://wpml.org/changelog/2022/10/wpml-4-5-12-updates-for-wordpress-6-1/

We also sent a newsletter a few days ago regarding the same advising not to update to WordPress 6.1 unless you update to the latest WPML and String Translation plugin. Probably you missed that email.

To fix the issue, can you please:

- Deactivate String Translation for a moment and keep WPML activated so that you can update the plugins from the wp-admin Dashboard.

- On your site admin, go to Plugins -> Add New and click the Commercial tab.

- Click on the "check for updates" button.

- Then update WPML plugins to their latest version.

- Activate String Translation back.

Regards,
Subash

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.