Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The following warning message is shown in wp-admin:

Need to translate field labels or labels for choices? Please see our documentation for more information.

Solution:
- Translate all ACF field groups if you require to translate ACF fields groups or disable ACF Field group translation from WPML -> Settings page in the "Post Types Translation" section as explained in the erratum linked next.

Relevant Documentation:
https://wpml.org/errata/advanced-custom-fields-field-group-should-be-set-as-not-translatable/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by karenC-14 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Subash Chandra Poudel.

Author Posts
September 30, 2022 at 6:54 am

karenC-14

Hi, I'm getting the error message:
Need to translate field labels or labels for choices? Please see our documentation for more information.
I can't hide that message

September 30, 2022 at 7:26 am
September 30, 2022 at 11:06 am #12156409

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

After further troubleshooting, I found the warning is displayed intentionally and to fix/remove the notification you either need to:

- Go to WPML -> Settings page and scroll to the "Post Types Translation" section
- Set Field Groups (acf-field-group) to "Not Translatebale"

Or if you want to Translate Field Groups (acf-field-group) leave the settings as it is and translate all field groups as explained in the next link:

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#translating-field-groups

Or if you want to absolutely hide the warning without translating field groups properly or making field groups untranslatable you can place the following code to your child's theme's functions.php file to hide the warning with custom CSS:

add_action('admin_head', 'hide_wpml_admin_notice'); function hide_wpml_admin_notice() { 
?> <style> .notice.notice-error.is-dismissible { display: none;} </style> 
<?php }

Regards,
Subash

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.