Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.37 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
September 11, 2023 at 8:24 am #14373501

magneF-2

I translated a modified version of the main page. It is translated, but I cant see it. It looks to me like it is redirected to the Swedish main page.

This is the main page: hidden link with original language.

This is the URL for the danish starting page, hidden link

That page is translated from hidden link

This is because the main page is Swedish needs to be different than the other languages.

Can you help me point out what is wrong?
Oh... and the language is set to hidden, but I think that should be ok as I've been working with that setting before. That should not be the issue, should it?

September 11, 2023 at 7:06 pm #14379305

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

I've examined your website, and I can switch to your other languages without encountering any problems. Additionally, it appears that the content has been successfully translated. Are you still experiencing any issues with this? If the problem persists, would it be possible for you to share some screenshots to help us better understand the situation?

September 11, 2023 at 7:07 pm #14379309

Kor
Supporter

Sorry, I can see the issue now. You're referring to the Danish language. hidden link .

I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated, if possible. This will enable me to provide better assistance and determine if any configurations need to be modified.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

Also, I checked your debug information, I noticed that your MySQL version is below the plugin minimum requirements as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/ . Kindly contact your hosting provider and ask them to update the MySQL version to 5.6+ for you.

Futhermore, kindly update all WPML plugins to the latest version.

September 12, 2023 at 6:55 am #14380507

magneF-2

Regarding the MySQL version, my host responded that I already have an updated version, namely 10.6.14-MariaDB-cll-lve - MariaDB Server.

September 12, 2023 at 5:31 pm #14385677

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

This is what we can do to fix the Danish Language page.

1. Permanently remove the Danish Language homepage.

2. Duplicate the Danish Language from the Swedish Language Homepage.

3. Now, translate the Danish Language here hidden link using the "Advanced Translation Editor".

Once you've completed the above, the Danish language homepage should look correct. Could you give this a try and let me know how it goes?

September 14, 2023 at 3:31 am #14393109

magneF-2

I don't think I can. The contents of my Swedish start page have disappeared.

This happened before. Fortunately, I could reverse to a previous backup. I will resync the stage area to correct this issue.

I think I should clarify what I want to do.

My Swedish page is unique for only Sweden, as 50% of our service is only in Sweden. The rest we can offer outside of Sweden. That's why the start page is different in another language.

I have done it before, but I tend to forget how I did it because I only work on this project once a year. So my question is, how do I do this the right way again?

Do I duplicate the Swedish page (original language) and then redesign the page to my liking, and then translate it to Danish?

Or can I take the English page that is already how I want to have it and translate it? I did this before, and it has caused me this problem.

So, to be clear. I want the Danish start page to look like pellvac.com/en/

September 14, 2023 at 7:38 am #14394097

magneF-2

Okay, so I restored to a previous backup and deleted the Danish page. What happens when I do this is that the content on the Swedish page disappears, as you can see here. hidden link

Compare it with hidden link

September 14, 2023 at 7:15 pm #14399443

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

The homepage is not assigned in WP > Settings > Reading. If you correct the homepage option, it will display correctly and could you give it a try? If you're not sure, please correct your Website WP admin access and I'll check this out for you. I'm getting "Fel: Lösenordet du angav för användarnamnet Support är felaktigt."

September 15, 2023 at 5:30 am #14400611

magneF-2

Ok, that did the trick.

So what about my question earlier? I'll repost it.

""
I think I should clarify what I want to do.

My Swedish page is unique for only Sweden, as 50% of our service is only in Sweden. The rest we can offer outside of Sweden. That's why the start page is different in another language.

I have done it before, but I tend to forget how I did it because I only work on this project once a year. So my question is, how do I do this the right way again?

Do I duplicate the Swedish page (original language) and then redesign the page to my liking, and then translate it to Danish?

Or can I take the English page that is already how I want to have it and translate it? I did this before, and it has caused me this problem.

So, to be precise. I want the Danish start page to look like pellvac.com/en/

September 18, 2023 at 4:22 pm #14414109

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your response.

I apologize for missing that question earlier.

To ensure proper implementation, please follow these steps: Duplicate the Swedish page into both Danish and English versions, and then proceed to translate the content for both languages. Once the translations for Danish and English are complete, you can deactivate the "Advanced Translation Editor" and utilize the "WordPress Editor" for editing in both languages, following the instructions provided in this guide: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/. This will help you achieve the desired layout for your secondary languages.

September 21, 2023 at 9:42 am #14436791

magneF-2

Thank you for your reply.

I see a problem here. If I translate it to english as well, then what will happen to my existing english page that you can find on the page path /en/ ? Wont it be overwritten?

September 21, 2023 at 2:55 pm #14440577

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for responding.

I apologize for the confusion. When you mention the "existing English page," are you referring to a page with manually inserted content that already exists?

September 22, 2023 at 3:32 am #14443171

magneF-2

Yes, this one.

hidden link

Today I duplicated the Swedish page in to dansih.
The previous problem appear that when I want to take a look at that page, I get redirected to my Swedish start page.

When I open the editor, I do not have any option to use the advanced translator.

The URL for the Danish startpage is: hidden link, and that page is published.

I've synced my existing page with my staging site. Please open up a new secure form so that I can send you a new login credentials so you can take a look.

September 22, 2023 at 9:18 am #14445325

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Alright then, let me check what's going on over there.

September 22, 2023 at 4:10 pm #14448039

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked the homepage backend and it looks like you've selected the "WordPress Editor", if you wish to use the "Advanced Translation Editor", you need to choose "WPML Translation Editor" as shown in the attached screenshot.

Screenshot_50.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.