Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.70 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by magneF-2 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas.

Author Posts
September 16, 2022 at 4:17 am #12064957

magneF-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I am rebuilding my website from scratch using Elementor Pro.
I have exported my blogposts from my original site and imported them to the new site that is in production. As expected, they now exist in both Swedish (original language) and English and German.

But each post need to be files under the language-selection. So I installed WPML, and set up English and German. I have not started with the translations yet, probably wont until I'm done building the site. But one thing worries me.

The posts - how do I get them to appear when the user choose for example, English language, and can I export translations and import them to the new site?

original site: hidden link
Site in which this concerns: hidden link

Scroll down and you will see my blog archive, and that posts appear in English and German.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

September 16, 2022 at 9:05 am #12066183

Andreas

Hello there

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help you.

First of all, I cannot understand what exactly you did. You had in the old site WPML and ou export and import posts?

There is not out of the box way to transfer translation between sites.

The easiest way to do it is with the help of WP All Import and our plugin WPML ALL Import

Please more here : https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

With the above way, you can have all your content from the old site to the new one in all languages. Have in mind that the above way has many details in order to make it work correctly so please start with 1 post per time to ensure that everything is ok and then you can import everything.

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes or if you need any further assistance. I'll gladly help you. 🙂

Regards,
Andreas

September 21, 2022 at 8:06 am #12092179

magneF-2

I decided to delete all imported posts and rebuild all blog post instead.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.