Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.75 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
August 22, 2022 at 6:07 pm

Silvia Tejera

Hi, we have added new translations to our page, but in the new posts translated the excerpt text is not translated.

August 22, 2022 at 7:08 pm
August 23, 2022 at 9:41 am #11910659

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

Could you please check if the issue persists in a minimal environment by following these steps?

1- Deactivate all the plugins except WPML CMS.
2- Clear the site's cache and check the issue.

If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is causing an interaction issue.

❌ Please backup your database before performing the above test ❌

If the issue persists in a minimal environment, I need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

August 26, 2022 at 8:37 am #11935415

Silvia Tejera

I still need help. Please let me check at the weekend when I could stop some plugins.
Thank you.

August 26, 2022 at 9:33 am #11935825

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Please take your time and let me know the result of the minimal environment test after performing it.

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

August 27, 2022 at 2:08 pm #11941687

Silvia Tejera

Thanks for waiting.
I've checked deeply and the problems has nothing to do with any plugin, but with the theme (Divi).

If I use twenty twenty-two theme both problems are solved, even with all the plugins activated. But if I use Divi it doesn't work, even with all the plugins off.

You have my permission to take a copy to debug.

Examples to check the different problems:
hidden link
hidden link (here the first result is ok, but not the rest of thhem)

Please let me know any progress on that.

Thank you in advance.

August 27, 2022 at 2:50 pm #11941731

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your update. I've installed a local copy of your site and found that the issue persists even with WPML deactivated. (Kindly check this hidden link)

In the previous screenshot, all the plugins are deactivated, including WPML, and the issue persists, so I think you might need to contact Divi support and consult them regarding this issue.

Kindly let me know their findings and if this issue is related to the translation.

Best regards,
Osama

August 27, 2022 at 3:12 pm #11941739

Silvia Tejera

Thank you. Could you please try using Divi Theme instead of the child theme. Just for being sure.
Thank you in advance.

August 27, 2022 at 3:18 pm #11941745

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I've checked with the Divi parent theme, and it's the same result. (Kindly check this hidden link)

Best regards,
Osama

The topic ‘[Closed] In the new translated posts the excerpt text is not translated’ is closed to new replies.