Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.71 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 27, 2022 at 7:26 am #11747627

nouraZ

My client got his first sale and the person was charged in base currency not the converted currency..
but was charged the amount of the converted currency

basically she was supposed to pay 114 Omani riyal but instead paid 114 Kuwaiti dinar (which is more than needed)

July 27, 2022 at 9:48 pm #11754173

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

Which payment gateway are you using ? Is it paypal, stripe or another one?

August 1, 2022 at 4:01 pm #11778747

nouraZ

Hello Bobby, thanks for your reply.
I am using Payle, it's a local one in Kuwait.
Does the payment gateway make a difference?

August 1, 2022 at 5:47 pm #11779367

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for updating me!

Sometimes yes in the case the payment gateway does not support a specific currency.

When I inspect your site I am not currently seeing it set up as multilingual, are you only using one language and one currency?

If that is the case what are your results without WPML enabled?

August 2, 2022 at 12:24 pm #11785507

nouraZ

Hi Bobby, thanks for your reply.
Al-right so I can check with the payment gateway if they support other currencies.
Yes we're currently only using the currency feature and adding a second language soon hopefully.
For currency, I had multiple currencies enabled but switched it off in order to avoid the same issue before it is solved.
Unfortunately, my staging site is not working so I am trying to get that fixed in order to do some testing and figure out why the client was charged in the base currency (but with the exchanged #) So what happened is client ended up overpaying..

August 2, 2022 at 3:34 pm #11787061

nouraZ

Hi Bobby, so I've gotten in touch with the payment gateway provider and found out that they only accept 1 currency. So I'm assuming the issue arises when the payment amount is being sent to the payment gateway. Is there a way to make sure that the amount sent to the payment gateway is sent in the correct currency (KWD)?

August 2, 2022 at 9:53 pm #11788625

Bobby
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you for confirming with the payment gateway. If the gateway only supports one currency and you would like to offer the option of viewing the price in more than one, i suggest reviewing the following documentation on our site
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/#payment-gateways-settings

If that is possible after following the steps in the documentation the clients will see a notification letting them know that the order will be processed in the supported currency

August 3, 2022 at 11:09 am #11792649

nouraZ

Hi Bobby, thanks for your response.
I will try this out and get back to you.
Please do not close this support ticket so we can pick up if it doesn't work for me.
Thank you

August 3, 2022 at 5:44 pm #11796975

Bobby
Supporter

No problem, please update me here once ready and I will be notified.

August 4, 2022 at 4:28 pm #11806353

nouraZ

Hi Bobby, so i've gone throught the article and checked my settings out. I couldn't find anything there which seemed helpful in my case.

In my case, my payment gateway provider only accepts KD. So what I want is something like mention here in this part from the help link you sent me:

"Payment Gateways Settings
You can set up payment gateways for your store by going to WooCommerce → Settings → Payments. By default, all of the payment gateways you set up will be available for all of your site’s currencies.

Please note that the final checkout will use the currency your payment gateway was set up with. This means that your customer may see the final checkout in a different currency than they have been shopping in so far.

When this is the case, the checkout page displays which currency will be used in the transaction if it is different from the one already selected by the user. The total amount is also displayed in the converted currency."

This is what I want, but it isn't doing that, my checkout page does not have a notice that they will be paying in a different currency, and when i click on checkout and get redirected to the payment gateway, it keeps the # of the converted currency in KD instead of switching it back to KD.

Does that make sense?

So my main issue is that the currency is not switching back to base currency upon checkout.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Noura

August 5, 2022 at 5:42 am #11808595

Bobby
Supporter

Hi Noura,

What you shared above from the documentation is the WPML feature I am referring to.

1. Go to WooCommerce → WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency and click the Multicurrency tab.

2. Click the pencil icon next to one of your site’s currencies.

3. Turn on Payment Gateways.

4. Choose which payment gateways you want to display when a customer is using that currency.

Can you please verify that you have setup this.

I have done some tests on checking out with your current gateway and it looks like it redirects you to their server, which might not be able to support this feature with the PayLe gatway.

When you enable payment gateway it should give you options, if PayLe is not listed it is not able to support the feature.

See the screenshot of how the choices are displayed.

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 10.40.41 PM.png
August 7, 2022 at 10:04 am #11817455

nouraZ

Hello Bobby, thanks for your response.
So I've tried your steps and I get a message that says "not supported yet".
My payment gateway only accepts KD and what I was hoping for is actually whats shown on the image in the following link.
hidden link
The steps you sent are the ones needed to specify different gateways for different currencies, but what I want is to charge in KD and only display the amount in other currencies. So just show the price in USD for example and then upon checkout have the note about being charged in KD.
Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Noura

August 9, 2022 at 2:18 pm #11832889

Lauren
Supporter

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Hi there, Bobby is off for a few days so I am stepping in to help out. Since the payment gateway is not currently supported, the steps in our documentation will not work. What you would like to accomplish will require custom work until the payment gateway becomes compatible. I suggest contacting one of our 3rd party contractors that specialize in custom work with WPML here: 
https://wpml.org/contractors/

August 15, 2022 at 10:31 am #11866021

nouraZ

Hello Lauren, Thanks for getting in touch. I don't understand why it isn't working in the first place, according to the help article documentation, it should just change back to the payment gateway's currency no? as in the image attached?

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 1.31.18 PM.png
August 15, 2022 at 7:15 pm #11868727

Bobby
Supporter

Hi there,

As mentioned in my previous reply it looks like PayLee does not support this feature.

This is not something caused by WPML but rather a limitation of the payment gateway you are using some gateways do and some do not, which is why you are also getting a not supported notice.

The topic ‘[Closed] person was charged in base currency not the converted currency’ is closed to new replies.