Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Sayed 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
October 22, 2022 at 9:08 pm #12293391

nikiforosB

Hi, I run a Wordfence scan today on binasandskrekou.gr and the results notified the CMS navigation and Sticky Links plugins as abandoned plugins that haven't been updated for 2 years. Are those 2 plugins still usable? I know you have implemented the Translation Management plugin in the Core plugin since many months now and I am wondering if I should still use those 2 plugins or not. Since you haven't updated them for 2 years, do you plan to implement them in the core also? Thanks.

October 23, 2022 at 1:58 pm #12295421

Mohamed Sayed

Hi there,
Thanks for contacting WPML support.

The documentation was updated this year for the following plugins:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/sticky-links/
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/site-navigation/

So our devs consider that the plugins are still safe to use. There have been no code changes and this is why it hasn't been updated for 2 years as the plugins do just a few specific things.

If you need those features and if you are using them with your theme, you can keep them without any worries.

But if you installed them at some point, but did not use the features with your current theme, you can simply remove them.

I couldn't find anything within our internal development tickets about merging those add-ons in the WPML plugin core, so I don't think this is the same case as the Translation Management module, but if any changes are implemented in the core plugin we will announce it.

I hope that this helps to answer your question.

Regards,
Mohamed

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.