Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andrey 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Andrey.

Author Posts
August 29, 2023 at 9:15 am #14305651

marinaN

Hello. I have a huge problem with Traveler Theme and WPML. When I install and activate WPML it consumes a lot of my web space.

August 29, 2023 at 9:54 am #14305847

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Please record a video using tools such as hidden link to show us what exactly happens when you delete WPML and reload hosting consumption information so we could see this in real time.

August 30, 2023 at 7:46 am #14310829

marinaN

Hello. I took screenshots of before and after. How webspace is with WMPL installed and activated and how is after I unistall and delete it.

I hope this could help.

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2023-08-30 090742.png
Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2023-08-30 083244.png
August 30, 2023 at 9:43 pm #14316159

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kyiv (GMT+03:00)

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I understand your concerns about the space left on your hosting. Are there any other methods you can use to verify this information? To make of the accuracy of checking.

Have you had a chance to contact your hosting provider to seek their advice on this issue? This could be a false positive, as WPML should not take up significant space.

August 31, 2023 at 5:37 am #14316855

marinaN

Thank you for your reply.

I don't know any other methods. Can you please propose?

I have contact my hosting provider and they said to contact with you as there is a conflict which is caused by WPML.

I know that this is not normal and I'm trying to find a solution as I want to use this theme with WPML and this is the 5th time that I had to deactivate and delete it.

August 31, 2023 at 8:29 pm #14323517

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kyiv (GMT+03:00)

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this. I do not have any specific tool to check your hosting space. I assume that your hosting provider can provide detailed feedback on this.

I can think of making a copy of your site and installing it locally to check the actual size of it.

You would need to temporarily install a "Duplicator" plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) on your site. This will allow you to create a copy of your site and your content. Then, you can provide the snapshot and send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

An even better idea is to create a copy with WPML-activated and WPML disabled. We can compare the package sizes. You can bring the results to your hosting provider if they are the same.

I hope this helps.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.