Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by paulW-38 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Ahmed Mohammed.

Author Posts
May 14, 2023 at 4:10 pm #13643547

paulW-38

I am trying to: We generate invoices with the plugin Germanized Pro. We see now that the country on the invoice is not in German any more but in different languages. For example normally we have "Deutschland" as country on the invoice for a customer from Germany. But now we see "Germania" or "Allemagne" on the address field in the invoice.
--> we already have a ticket with the plugin vendor open - but until now they have no idea why this happens.

During investigation of the problem with the the Germanzied plugin vendor we experience another super strange thing, which might have to do also with the problem described before:
When an admin is logging in in the backend with MS Edge browser, navigates to the WooCommerce orders overview page and then clicks the preview icon (eye icon) for an oder, the articles in that preview shows up for example in France, or Italien. When we use Chrome on the same computer with the same admin user and click on the preview all the article descriptions are in German. Also if we us a Mac with Safari or Chrome all the article descriptions in the order preview are in German.

For us it looks like that only when using the Edge browser somehow the languages get mixed up. We tried this on two different PCs.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:all the country fields on the invoice in German, also the article descriptions in the order list preview in German.

Instead, I got: a language mixup when using MS Edge browser

May 15, 2023 at 9:37 am #13646507

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I understand that with MS Edge Browser, the invoices created by the Germanized plugin display information in other languages and not in German, as expected in the order list preview.

Additionally, the country field in the generated invoices is not in German for customers from Germany. I agree with you that both issues might be related.

Could you please let me know if you have a staging/development area for your website? We need to take a look at the issue. If not, please ask your hosting provider to provide you with one.

When the staging/development area is ready, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private, meaning only you and I can see and access it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved, I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

- Please backup site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields, your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

May 15, 2023 at 12:42 pm #13648107

paulW-38

Hi Ahmed!

thanks for your replay!
We already got a fix now from Germanized. They don't fresh load the object now from the database before they create the invoice and don't take it from the case. Until now this looks like to work.

For the MS Edge browser: after clearing all caches on in the browser, the language of the product descriptions in the order preview popup looks also correct now (German).
Does WPML use any browser setting to determine the langue which has to be used? That would be kind of strange because the WordPress user profile has a language setting where the user can choose in which language we wants to see the WP backend??

kind regards

:: Paul

May 15, 2023 at 4:24 pm #13649847

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi Paul,

Super glad to hear that the issues are now fixed.

Does WPML use any browser setting to determine the langue which has to be used?

As you mentioned, WPML respects the language selected in the user profile to display the language of the WordPress dashboard.

However, I checked WPML cookies in the dashboard of one of my test websites and found two cookies for the languages: wp-wpml_current_admin_language_ and wp-wpml_current_language. I think something went wrong with the browser, the cookies, and the Ajax calls running for previewing the invoices, which led to the issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.