Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.79 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 29, 2022 at 5:58 am #11763393

andyC-15

I am trying to:translated my post.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:translated result

Instead, I got:error message:There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

1.jpg
July 29, 2022 at 10:51 am #11765767

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Please share with us the WordPress debug.log(not WPML debug information) for collecting more details on this. Refer to this page for instructions https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable WordPress Debug log, open your wp-config.php file of site root and look for define('WP_DEBUG', false);. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the */wp-content/* directory. Please do the steps to reproduce the bug and check if you are getting any errors or warnings related to WPML in the log file.

If you can paste your debug.log to http://pastebin.com/index.php and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess of discussion).

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 1, 2022 at 1:26 am #11773989

andyC-15

Hello Bigul,
Thanks for your kind replying.
It seems to be too complicate for me to operate.
Could you help me log in and find the debug, please?
Regards,
Andy

August 1, 2022 at 7:22 am #11774571

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the updates. Please fill the private details fields(including the FTP details) after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking.

Please refer to the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 3, 2022 at 3:12 pm #11795587

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the updates and login information. This may be a compatibility issue. So we would like to make sure the issue is existing with the latest versions of the plugins or not(refer to the attached image for more details).

Therefore please upgrade to the latest versions of plugins(including Elementor Pro and Astra Pro) after a full site backup{mandatory} and make sure the bug is existing or not.

If the issue exists, please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server. So we can troubleshoot the issue without affecting your live site.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2022-08-03_20-42-00.png
August 4, 2022 at 10:10 am #11801665

andyC-15

Hi Bigul,
Thanks for your kind reply.
I upgrade all plugin and the issue still exist.
Please help me figure out how to proceed.
Thanks.
Regards,
Andy

August 4, 2022 at 2:18 pm #11804809

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the updates and permission. I made a copy of the site. Will debug it further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 5, 2022 at 8:55 am #11809519

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Andy,

This conflict is happening because somehow the *_icl_translate_job* table is missing from the database. It works fine on my local copy after adding this missing table.

Please try the following steps after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

1) Log in to your database server using a server-side tool like PHPMyAdmin(You can check with your hosting provider about this)
2) Select the relevant database
3) Run the following query

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `wp_icl_translate_job` (
  `job_id` bigint(20) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `rid` bigint(20) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
  `translator_id` int(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
  `translated` tinyint(3) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `manager_id` int(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
  `revision` int(10) UNSIGNED DEFAULT NULL,
  `title` varchar(160) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci DEFAULT NULL,
  `deadline_date` datetime DEFAULT NULL,
  `completed_date` datetime DEFAULT NULL,
  `editor` varchar(16) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci DEFAULT NULL,
  `editor_job_id` bigint(20) UNSIGNED DEFAULT NULL,
  `edit_timestamp` int(11) UNSIGNED DEFAULT NULL,
  `automatic` tinyint(3) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `ate_sync_count` int(6) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0',
  PRIMARY KEY (`job_id`),
  KEY `rid` (`rid`,`translator_id`)
) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci;

--
Thanks!

Bigul

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.