Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by vayawebs 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Johan.

Author Posts
February 15, 2023 at 2:46 am #13034877

vayawebs

I am trying to: translate a post

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the translation in Catalan language

Instead, I got: just the title

February 15, 2023 at 2:51 pm #13041595

Johan

Hello here 👋,

Thanks for contacting the support of WPML.
I will do my best to help you.

1. Check if the translation is completed: Make sure that the post has been fully translated into Catalan in the WPML Translation Editor. If the translation is not completed, you can finish the translation by clicking on the "Edit" button in the WPML Translation Editor.

2. Check if the translation is synchronized: If the translation is completed, make sure that the translation is synchronized with the original post. You can do this by going to the WPML Translation Management dashboard and checking the status of the translation. If the translation is not synchronized, you can click on the "Sync" button to synchronize the translation with the original post.

3. Clear your browser cache: Sometimes, the browser cache can cause display issues with translated content. Try clearing your browser cache and reloading the page to see if the translated content appears.

4. Finally can you please disable your theme for a default one and see if the issue is still remaining sometime theme are not compatible and can prevent the text to show in front. You can check the compatibility with your theme here : https://wpml.org/theme/

Thanks

February 16, 2023 at 1:44 am #13044721

vayawebs

Hi Johan,

I checked everything and the theme is Divi (Elegantthemes). The rest of languages are ok, it's just the Catalan language that doesn't work. Can you check it?

Thanks,

Daniel

February 16, 2023 at 11:05 am #13047963

Johan

Thanks. I will be now performing some tests. It is better that you are not working on your site in the meantime.

Disclaimer: Note that during those tests your site and style might look different, and some features might not work. It is part of the debug procedure.

We encourage you to make a backup, as said before. 🙂

February 16, 2023 at 11:12 am #13048017

vayawebs

Hi Johan,

Ok thanks.

Daniel

February 16, 2023 at 11:17 am #13048033

Johan

Ok so you are using ACF fields. You have created Patologia > then inside you have a group of fields called "explication" here : hidden link

You have forgotten to add this to the Catalan language which is why it is not working. See =>
hidden link

Johan

February 17, 2023 at 2:17 am #13053657
vayawebs

Hi Johan,

Thanks, now it's fixed.

I have another problem. On hidden link just appear 2 posts, but I translated many other. What's wrong?

Thanks,

Daniel

New threads created by Johan and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-translation-doesnt-work/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.