Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is unable to save the 'Country availability' setting for the Stripe Payment Gateway in WooCommerce when WooCommerce Multilingual is enabled. After attempting to save the setting and refreshing the page, the setting appears not to be saved, and a warning about saving the page is displayed.

Solution:
Refer to the errata page for a workaround:
- https://wpml.org/errata/woocommerce-stripe-payment-gateway-country-availability-changes-are-not-saved/

If this solution does not seem relevant to your issue, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.28 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
December 8, 2023 at 11:09 am #15024931

T4ng

I am trying to:
Restrict payment methods offered in WooCommerce based on the offered parameter Country availabilité > Specific countries.
This setting is only offered when WooCommerce Multilingual is enabled
I can add the setting, but I can apparently save it (as it's stated at the bottom left of the page), but as soon as I try to refresh the page, it gets obvious the setting wasn't saved, since I get a warning about saving the page. Finally, once refreshed, the setting is empty.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Stripe payment gateway settings

I expected to see:
Parameter saved after refresh
Instead, I got: Parameter not saved after refresh

firefox_5FlJn9Zv2b.gif
December 10, 2023 at 3:52 pm #15031621

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

I will add the first reply before this ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues.

Would you please follow the steps below and test to see if there is a compatibility issue or some sort of JS problem?

- IMPORTANT STEP! Create a backup of your website. Or better approach will be to test this on a copy/staging version of the website to avoid any disruption of a live website.
- Switch to the default theme such as "TwentyTwenty" by going to "WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > themes".
- See if the issue is fixed.

If the issue persists, I'd appreciate it if you could give me the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard after you make sure that you have a backup of your website.
It is absolutely important that you give us a guarantee that you have a backup so if something happens you will have a point of restore.

Make sure you set the next reply as private.

December 11, 2023 at 9:10 am #15034271

T4ng

Hi Christopher.
Thanks for taking care of this.

You can reproduce this issue with the content I sent on this ticket:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wc-multilingual-checkout-redirects-to-original-language-checkout-payment-apge/page/2/#post-14943589

I've tested just tested it with the Twenty Twenty theme, and Storefront as well. Same issue.

December 11, 2023 at 12:44 pm #15037033

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand the issue you're having. I would like to inform you that our development team has already identified the issue with selecting a country in the Stripe Payment Gateway settings.

We have documented the issue in an errata, which also includes details about a workaround. Please refer to the errata provided below, apply the suggested workaround, and then see if you're getting the expected results.

- https://wpml.org/errata/woocommerce-stripe-payment-gateway-country-availability-changes-are-not-saved/

Rest assured that the permanent solution for this issue will be included in the future version of the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin.

Please let me know the update. I will be happy to help if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

December 11, 2023 at 2:21 pm #15038423

T4ng

OK, I'll keep relying on that patch for now...
By the way, beware I can't fill the "How your issue was resolved?" form while confirming the resolution of this issue. The radio button won't work.

So I'd say: " The problem is not fully resolved, but I don’t need more help now"

T4ng confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-12-11 14:21:53.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.