Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are experiencing difficulty in finding specific strings in WPML > String Translation due to the abundance of bricks-* or gutenberg-* domains.
Solution:
Currently, it is not possible to hide bricks-* or gutenberg-* domains directly in WPML > String Translation. To address this issue, you would need to implement custom coding. However, this solution falls outside our support scope, and we do not have a ready-made code snippet available.

If this solution does not apply to your situation, or if it seems outdated, we recommend opening a new support ticket. We also advise checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, please visit our support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.53 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
July 3, 2024 at 12:23 pm #15884124

adrienR-5

<b>Background of the issue: </b>
I want to work within WPML > String translation but I have too many domains from either bricks-* or gutenberg-*.

<b>Symptoms: </b>
Difficulty in finding specific strings due to the abundance of bricks-* or gutenberg-* domains.

<b>Questions: </b>
Is there a way to hide bricks-* or gutenberg-* domains in WPML > String Translation so I can find my strings more easily?

markuphero-08okSMIl9yZ7LFbpPF6I (1).png
July 3, 2024 at 12:32 pm #15884252

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

1) I'm afraid you can't hide these domains. However, you can delete these domains if you don't want to translate these strings.

2) Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read a detailed explanation about it here. (http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support)
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured.

Best regards,
Osama

July 3, 2024 at 2:20 pm #15885241

adrienR-5

Hello,

I've attached the debug information

July 3, 2024 at 2:21 pm #15885244

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the debug info. Please let me know if the answer in my previous reply answered your question.

Best regards,
Osama

July 3, 2024 at 3:01 pm #15885480

adrienR-5

I don't think so, because those are created whenever a new blog post is created I think, and we already translate them through the WPML Advanced editor screen, I don't need to see them all inside WPML > String translation, I would need a code snippet or something that I can turn ON so those from blog post (gutenberg) doesn't show in WPML String translation.

Since the team from the website is creating lot of blog posts every day, deleting them manually isn't a viable solution for us.

July 3, 2024 at 3:19 pm #15885541

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Unfortunately, currently, it is not possible to prevent the Gutenberg blocks from appearing on String Translation.

You can do that using custom coding, but that is outside our support scope, and we don't have a ready-made snippet for this case.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Best regards,
Osama

July 3, 2024 at 4:39 pm #15886058

adrienR-5

I don't mind custom coding, can you point me into the right stuff?

Some hooks from WPML maybe?

July 3, 2024 at 4:44 pm #15886077

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Here is our coding reference. (https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-coding-api/wpml-hooks-reference/)

I found the following snippet, but it's not written or tested by us, so it might cause another issue. (hidden link)

Best regards,
Osama

July 3, 2024 at 9:27 pm #15886979

adrienR-5

The provided snippet didn't worked, so I created a JavaScript code to hide all the builder related domains inside the select at least, make my workflow much faster

July 4, 2024 at 5:19 am #15888817

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

It's great to hear that you found a workaround for the issue. 🙂 Please don't hesitate to open a new ticket if you face any other issues. We are always happy to help you.

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Osama

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.