Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.07 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by John-Pierre Cornelissen 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 27, 2022 at 8:55 am #11324047

John-Pierre Cornelissen

Hello, I am testing the most recent updates.

I first updated to the latest WPML version, then to the latest WP version.
I created a new page and I am trying to translate it, but WPML gives an error.

WPML tried to translate this page three times and failed. To get it fixed, contact WPML support

This is on my test site (before I want to update live sites)
hidden link

I have the setting 'Translate some' and the advanced translation editor for new content.

* Translate option in the pages list: see above error.

* Translate option within a page: see above error.

* Translation management and submit from there:

Advanced Translation Editor error:

Jobs could not be created in Advanced Translation Editor. Please try again or contact the WPML support for help.

Rollback jobs...

Batch rolled back

May 27, 2022 at 9:19 am #11324203

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

This issue might be happening due to a recent update. Sorry for that.

Can you please let me know if you had the chance to try the steps mentioned at the URL below?

- https://wpml.org/faq/translation-status-stuck-or-displaying-the-error-wpml-didnt-manage-to-translate-this-page/

If that doesn't work, please also try this:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/ate-server-communication-forbidden-5/#post-11295981

or this:
https://wpml.org/errata/wpml-triggers-a-migration-notification-banner-even-when-the-site-hasnt-been-migrated/

If none of those will work, we have another thing that you can try.

One user reported that they fixed the issue with the following steps:

- Go to WPML > Translation Management
- Click on "Translators"
- Check if your user is defined as a translator. If not, please configure it again.

Please let me know how that goes and if you are now able to translate pages.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 27, 2022 at 9:47 am #11324631

John-Pierre Cornelissen

Thanks,

The first 'stuck' one doesn't apply: it's on a new page that wasn't translated before. Same error with existing pages that are already fully translated.

The second register again: I don't want to do that. Although this is my test site, it is also my main account that holds and shares wpml credits. What's going to happen with the credits and the connected childs if I unregister? By the way, this is marked as a development site, but that was never a problem.

Last: yes I am (still) a translator.

Migration: doesn't apply, I don't get that message.

May 27, 2022 at 8:21 pm #11330395

christosK-2

Hello I have the same problem. I am a translator, there are no queu translations and the license key seems to work. I am kind of stuck, can you help?

May 27, 2022 at 9:16 pm #11330785

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there and welcome back, John-Pierre Cornelissen.

You can "take back" the credits:
https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/how-to-assign-automatic-translation-credits-to-your-sites

No worries 🙂 we won't let you lose the credits. If anything happens by mistake, we can track that and re-add the credits, as long as you don't use them for translating content.

I would be more than happy to take a look in the backend if you want.

Please create a full website backup first and then share the credentials in the private fields I enabled below if you want me to take a look.

Hi christosK-2. Please create a ticket and we will help you with this 🙂 We can't handle multiple client websites in one ticket.

Thank you for your understanding.

Mihai

May 28, 2022 at 9:42 am #11333177

John-Pierre Cornelissen

Hi Mihai, ok I have unregistered and re-registered the site from WPML and everything works agian. Thanks for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.