Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by guyB-5 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Ahmed Mohammed.

Author Posts
January 6, 2023 at 9:56 am #12763547

guyB-5

I'm trying to update WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency. I always get an error that some files (regarding vendor/otgs/...) can't be copied. So I also tried to install the OTGS Installer. But I can't activate this plugin.

error-otgs.jpg
January 6, 2023 at 11:34 am #12764145

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I understand that when you try to update WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency via Dashboard → Updates, you receive an error, and you tried to upload the OTGS Installer, but you could not activate it.

Could you please try downloading the plugin files from your WPML.org account downloads page (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/) and clicking Download WPML manually as shown in the attached screenshot, then downloading the plugin and uploading it to your website?

Hope that helps, and let us know if you have any other questions. We would be happy to assist further.

wcml.png
manually.png
January 6, 2023 at 11:59 am #12764383

guyB-5

Hi Ahmed,thanks for your answer. I've succesfully updated WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency manually to version 5.1.1.
I still can't activate OTGS Installer, but I'm not sure if I need this (in the future)? Can I just delete this plugin? Or do I have to do something additional?

January 6, 2023 at 2:34 pm #12765061

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi 🙂

> I've succesfully updated WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency manually to version 5.1.1.

Super glad to hear that!

> I still can't activate OTGS Installer, but I'm not sure if I need this

You don't need it as long as you have installed and configured the main WPML plugin. You can delete it.

Hope that helps, and let us know if you have any other questions. We would be happy to assist further.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.