Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Subash Chandra Poudel 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Subash Chandra Poudel.

Author Posts
December 31, 2022 at 1:04 am #12734479

alejandroR-23

I Just upgraded my php to 8.1
Now I am getting this message: "OTGS Installer, responsible for receiving automated updates for WPML and Toolset, requires the following PHP component(s) in order to function:cURL"

I have installed curl on my server it is version: 7.58.0-2ubun

But it still give me the error.

January 2, 2023 at 2:18 pm #12740253

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Welcome to WPML Support.

I did a test with WPML on PHP 8.1 and it is working fine on my test. The issue seems to be specific to your site or setup.

Can you please go to wp-admin/Dashboard -> Tools -> Site Health page then click on "Info" tab then finally Click on "Server" section and see if you see cUrl there or not? If cUrl is installed on the site/server you should see the cURL version there.

Also, please contact the hosting provider and see if the cUrl extension is enabled on the site or not.

Regards,
Subash

January 5, 2023 at 12:18 am #12754979

alejandroR-23

I went to the place you indicated and the cURL version is not showing.
I guess I will have to go see why. I will report back…

January 5, 2023 at 8:37 am #12756477

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Thank you for the updates.

Sure, let us know if you need further help with this issue or if you get the same issue even after making sure the cUrl extension is enabled and available.

Regards,
Subash

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.