Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.51 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 - - 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
January 26, 2024 at 5:53 pm #15231352

marcoA-32

Hi guys,

Talking of mobile view.

I moved the language flag to the left side. After I did that, toggle on the right does not work well because the toggle icon seems to be covered by the DIV of the flag positioned on the left side.

I took a screenshot of:

- where I want to display the flag by using this code

#lang_sel img, #lang_sel_list img, #lang_sel_footer img {
display: inline;
}

/* Posizione flag next to right edge on DESKTOP */
.mobile-switcher {
position: absolute;
right: 10px;
top: 15px;
z-index: 999;
}

/* Posizione flag next to right edge on MOBILE */
@media only screen and (max-width:767px) {
.mobile-switcher {
left: 10px;
}

/* Bordo tutt'attorno alla flag rimosso */
.mobile-switcher > div {
border:none;
}

/* Below 450px distance from right is 120px
@media(max-width:450px) {
.mobile-switcher {
right: 10px;
top: 10px;
}
}
*/

/* Above 960px distance from right is 150px
@media(min-width:960px) {
.mobile-switcher {
display:none;
}
}
*/

- and a screenshot of the way I have to leave the flag until I receive your answer by removing the code. So at the moment there is not code in the CSS.

Also, can you please remind me how to show the flag inside the mobile menu when I open it?

Thank you for your support.
Marco Abis

Temporary position until your answer.jpg
Where I want the flag.jpg
Div flag.png
January 27, 2024 at 12:10 pm #15232572

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

As you add the language switcher to the mobile switcher section, you can add the CSS code below to your theme to achieve what you want:

.mobile-switcher {
    width: 50%;
}

Disclaimer: This is considered a custom work as the positioning of the language switcher is considered a styling which is a theme-related thing. The code above is just a helper to know how to force the language switcher flags to go to the left side of the scene on mobile without affecting the right side menu. But the fine-tuning of the styling is outside of our support scope.

Thanks.

January 27, 2024 at 12:40 pm #15232597

marcoA-32

Hi Christopher,

thank you so much for the help, appreciated.

Can I ask 2 more questions:
- where do I find all my previous tickets? I cannot find an easy access to them on my account.
- I am looking for my previous tickets because I remember I had asked you guys help in hiding the the flags from inside the mobile menu. I would like to replicate something like this >>> hidden link

Thank you,
Marco

January 28, 2024 at 2:54 pm #15234311

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi Marco,

If you go to your wpml.org profile page you should see which tickets you have opened:

https://wpml.org/forums/users/marcoa-32/

I do not see any flags in the mobile menu.

Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 18.54.38.png
January 31, 2024 at 9:25 am #15248134
marcoA-32

Hi Christopher.

Yes exactly, the flags are not there. They were hidden sometimes years ago. That's why I wanted to check the previous tickets but I can't find what I'm looking for.

I believe that by default wpml shows the flags inside the opened menu (on mobile). I had hidden them. How do I make them visible again?

Then I have a question which is about something else and I would like to have your opinion.

As you can see I translated the Italian website to English. Created a new domain etc.

I always think what's better between having a fully translated site with its own domain or to keep the original domain plus /eng at the end of the URL for the English translation.

If I consider that my website is Italian because the services are mainly for Italian people, probably the site in English shouldn't have another domain but only a /eng?

What do you think about?

Thanks,
Marco

New threads created by Christopher Amirian and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-using-different-domain-or-folders-for-language/

January 31, 2024 at 1:41 pm #15249562

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi Marco,

I checked the code of the menu in front end by my browser console and the HTML of the mobile menu does not have the language switcher.

So it si not a CSS code that hides the language switcher.

Maybe you need to add a menu language switcher to a menu that you used for mobile in WPML > Languages > menu Language Switcher.

We reserve each ticket for one question to make sure we serve you the best and it is fair to our other customers.

I will split this ticket to a new one to answer the second question.

Kindly open up another ticket if you have additional questions, but we can continue here if you have questions about the language switcher.

thanks 🙂

The topic ‘[Closed] Moving the flag around’ is closed to new replies.