Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
February 6, 2024 at 10:34 am #15270584

ziga pipan

I have problem with Woocommerce archive pages category display.

Original language shows fine
hidden link

English version shows fine
hidden link

But DE version shows messed up
hidden link
hidden link

Same problem on multiple DE links
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

...but not all DE links
hidden link

what can I do?

February 6, 2024 at 6:21 pm #15273445

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. While you are waiting for one of my colleagues to take this ticket and work on it, let me provide you with first debugging steps or if I can perhaps help with the issue quickly.

How are you creating the layout for the archives? Are you using a page builder, does it come from the theme, etc? If you are using a template, please make sure that the template has been translated 100% to all languages.

If templates have been translated, then we can check to see if this is a theme related issue, as many themes control how the archive pages are displayed. To test this make sure you have a backup of your site. This is also best tested in a staging environment if you have one. Temporarily switch to a default theme such as Twenty Twenty Three. Do the archive pages look the same in all languages with a default theme?

February 6, 2024 at 6:33 pm #15273543

ziga pipan

Thank you for you answer. I'm using an elementor theme builder for categories. But the page is 2 years old and everything worked smoothly. If it was theme builder fault English would also be messed up, or at least other DE categories?

February 7, 2024 at 2:59 pm #15277221

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
My name is Carlos and I will continue working on this ticket

1.- Let's use this URL: hidden link as a reference.

Please share the URL to edit the template used in that category/archive page.

2.- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to back up the site before providing us access. If we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos

February 8, 2024 at 1:10 pm #15281356

ziga pipan

Hello. I fixed the issue and it turned out had nothing to do with wpml. I'm so sorry for wasting your time and assuming it was WPML fault 🙁

February 8, 2024 at 4:50 pm #15282449

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Great!

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.

Have an excellent day!

ziga pipan confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-08 13:10:06.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.