Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
November 3, 2023 at 7:34 am #14722957

Axel Axelsson

Hello,

Thanks for your replay.

I deleted the icelandic posts under english posts and it seems to work, but still some problems in some browsers.

There is problem with taxonomy, I added category TechSience but that one is not showing on frontpage. How can I change all to originate in eglish and then translate to icelandic?

How can I make sure Beavet Themer Templates work correctly, do I need to recreate in english and then translate to icelandic?

November 3, 2023 at 8:02 am #14723195

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
I hope you're doing well.

I understand the issue you;re having and try my best to assist you in this matter.

If the "TechScience" Category has any posts assigned to it, those posts should be displayed correctly on the front end. Could you please verify that there is at least one post within this category? If the issue persists even after adding a post, please let me know. I will take a closer look.

Since most of the categories were created in the Icelandic language previously, they are shown in Icelandic in the Taxonomy translation section. As you have changed the default language to English, English will be the original language of any new category you create from now. If you want to change the source language of the Icelandic category, please check this video: hidden link

Regarding making the Beaver theme work properly: Please always make sure to create a template in the default language and then translate it into the secondary language. So, if the English is default language, then create the template in English first and then translate to Icelandic. Once you translate the template, the layout and styles will be copied correctly to the translated version.

I hope you can understand. Please let me know if there is anything else if you need help with.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

November 4, 2023 at 3:11 pm #14731383

Axel Axelsson

Hello,

Thanks for your replay and splitting the chat for me.

When I change like on your video the posts lose contact with the category [see FrelsiTV]. Is it possible to add feature to do this without losing data?

How can I change Beaver Themer Templates without losing or need to rebuild the layout?

November 6, 2023 at 6:49 am #14734799

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,

1) Please be informed that changing the language of a category should not disconnect it from its posts. Could you make sure that the post within that category(FrelsiTV) is translated and available in English? If they are not translated, please translate them and then change the language of the category.

2) If you want to change the language of the Beaver Themer layout, here are the steps to follow.

- Disconnect the English layout from the Default layout(Icelandic) by following this documentation: https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-disconnect-translations-from-the-default-language-page-or-post/
- Once the changes are saved and the editor loaded, you'll find the option to change the language. Please check this screenshot: hidden link
- Select the preferred language for the layout and save the changes.
- Additionally, if you want to connect the layout with its translation, please check this link: https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-disconnect-translations-from-the-default-language-page-or-post/#:~:text=Connect%20with%20translations

If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

November 9, 2023 at 1:36 pm #14767539

Axel Axelsson

Hello,

Thanks for your replay.

I will try to do this, but sounds very complicated.

Now I have problem on the frontpage where the Icelandic is not working but post page works [see video]: hidden link

How to fix?

November 10, 2023 at 6:12 am #14772411

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,

You can check the documentation for a better understanding. If you still need further clarification, please let me know and I will try my best to make it clear.

Regarding the issue of switching to the Icelandic version: From my prior experience, I was able to switch to the Icelandic version on your site without any issues. May I know from when the issue started? if you can share the specific action or adjustments that trigger the error, that will be helpful to understand the reason.

Upon reviewing your website, I noticed that the Icelandic homepage is being redirected to the English version by a "Service worker". Further investigation into the source revealed that this Service worker is initiated by a script called 'superpw-sw.js'. For a clearer insight, please refer to this screenshot: hidden link

Here is the Script: hidden link

Since that script belongs to the "Super Progressive Web Apps" plugin, it would be better if you could reach out to the support team of that plugin and discuss this matter. Maybe they are aware of such cases and can assist you better in this matter.

I hope you can understand. If there is anything else you need help with, feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

November 10, 2023 at 8:28 am #14773243

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello There,

Please note that we have successfully replicated the redirection issue, which occurs exclusively in the WordPress 6.4 environment when the "Smartcrawl" Plugin is activated.

To solve the issue, please follow the workaround mentioned in the Errata below.

- https://wpml.org/errata/smartcrawl-conflict-with-wordpress-6-4-causes-homepage-redirection-issues/

Please let me know if you're getting the expected result after following the workaround or need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.