Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Mamdouh 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Ahmed Mamdouh.

Author Posts
February 15, 2023 at 6:23 pm #13043421

danielJ-8

I made the mistake of sending translations to a translation service since it is really a nightmare.

Now I want to cancel all jobs and translate by manually downloading xliff files, translate outside of wpml and uploading the translated xliff files.

I am completely lost and don't know how to do that, since cancelling jobs simply does not work. I need to do this urgently because the customer is waiting for the translation.

I need you to go inside the website, please ask me for login details and I will provide these.

February 16, 2023 at 6:25 am #13045647

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to cancel the jobs that are sent to the translation service from your site. You need to contact the translation service and ask them for cancellation. Please read more on the documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/professional-translation-via-wpml/how-to-use-translation-service/#canceling-jobs

Also while checking the debug info, I see that the WordPress Memory Limit is below the requirements. The minimum requirements are 128M, but we do recommend 256M and the debug information of your site shows it set to 40M. Please check this link for more details
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/.
You can increase it by adding the following code in your wp-config.php file, right before the /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */ line:

define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

After adding the code you can confirm that the memory was changed correctly from WPML > Support > WordPress > Memory limit.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

February 16, 2023 at 3:34 pm #13050619

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hello,

This is Ahmed Mamdouh from the translation proxy team and I'm going to help you with this issue.

First Many apologies for the inconvenience.

You can translate the needed jobs without canceling them from the translation service side, please follow the following steps to translate your content locally:

1- Go to WPML > Translation Management > Select the page/post > Send to the basket.
2- In the basket, you can select a local translator > Send to the translation.
3- Go to WPML > Translations > Take and translate the job (or download the XLIFF file if you want).
Please read more on the documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/how-to-set-up-local-translators-and-language-pairs/

By doing the above steps The newly added jobs will overwrite the old jobs.

Thanks for your patience,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.