Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 6:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 6:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 6:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 15:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 15:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 15:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicolas Viallet 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nicolas Viallet.

Author Posts
February 9, 2023 at 2:55 pm #12999969

guyB-5

I'm trying to upload Woocommerce products via All Import. The site is in Dutch and French, so I'm also using WPML and WPML All import plugin, to upload the translation of the products. To be clear, I'm using WP All Import and WPML quit some time now, but I didn't never had this problem. I also have the feeling this is only happening with the import of variable products (I never mix simple and variable products in uploads)

So what is going on:
1) I upload variable products in the default language Dutch. I'm using a unique identifier. In my example, I upload a file with 10 products in 37 records (because of the variations). After the import everything seems to be fine. Offcourse the products now only exist in Dutch.
2) I upload my second translation file. Match the previous import. Select the Unique Identifier. Hower the result is 37 new French products instead of 10. And on top of that, they do not have a price defined.

See the result in the attached screenshots. Notice the different product number for Dutch (NL) and French (FR). As you can see in the FR-screenshot, the variations are not combined in one variable product and have no price.

The link to my site is hidden link

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-09 om 15.37.36.png
Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-09 om 15.37.15.png
February 10, 2023 at 1:53 pm #13007325

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. My name is Nicolas and I will be happy to help you today.

Could you please provide me with a temporary admin access (wp-admin and FTP) – so I can further investigate. I've activated a private field for your next answer where you can provide that information safely (this field is only visible by you and the support team). Don't share your own admin account, create a new one that you will delete when we finish troubleshooting.

IMPORTANT: Before we proceed, please backup your site and database.

If you prefer you can share with me your CSV files instead that way I can test them out locally. I have activated another private field that is used normally to share Site copies and packages but you can share a zip folder with your CSV files inside instead.

Nico

February 13, 2023 at 1:20 pm #13020821

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for providing me the files. I was able to reproduce on a sandbox site.

Here are few things to consider for your imports:
1. Unique ID should be a number (ID) and not a string of text.
2. SKU for the variation and SKU Parent should be in different columns.
You can look at the screenshot attached for those 2 points.

3. Probably the most important point: Taxonomies and attributes have to be translated first before importing the FR products.
You can either translate them in your dashboard ("WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Attributes")
Or you can also make an import dedicated to those terms. It's very similar to the import of products. You have to specify an uniqueID in order to connect the FR attribute with the original NL attribute.

Nico

Screenshot 2023-02-13 081640.png
February 20, 2023 at 2:48 pm #13071217

guyB-5

Hello Nicolas, sorry for the late reply, but it was a buzy period.

I did a new test today, but it still doesn't work.

I did all the things you asked for. New Unique ID, SKU in different columns and translation of the taxonomies. The first import in Dutch (NL) is always working fine. But the second translation in French (FR) keeps having problems. The imported French products are not variables, but different product. The French products don't have prices, that is why you will see the "Call for price" notifications. And the import also creates new untranslated Attributes. So you will see a new exclamation mark in the Woocommerce Multilingual a Multicurrency overview (see screenshots). For Example 'Diametre maxi des branches (mm)' is new after the import. It is the French translation of 'Max takdikte (mm)'. So the translation did exist before the import. After the import a new French attribute is created instead of using the translation.

I already deleted your WordPress user. So if you can create a new Private Message for me, I will create a new Admin user for you.

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-20 om 14.53.15.png
Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-20 om 15.29.40.png
February 22, 2023 at 12:25 pm #13088703

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

I still have the sandbox site with your imports. Could you please send me the new imports you created so I can test them.
I have activated a private field to share packages but you can share a zip file instead with:
- Import of NL attributes and import of FR attributes (unless you translated them manually)
- Import of NL products and import of FR products

Nico

February 23, 2023 at 5:58 pm #13102539

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

Unfortunately the sandbox expired. I tried to log into your website to see exactly how did you import your variations (I think you used xpath) but it seems that you removed my account already.

I will rebuild a new sandbox from scratch but in the meantime can you please provide me with access again? I have reactivated the private field.

Nico

February 24, 2023 at 6:00 pm #13110739

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

I spent quiet some time running test imports.
At first i though it was the Xpath because I managed to make it work on my sandbox if I didn't use Xpath to determine attributes. I simply left all 4 options checked. But I knew that some of your variations have to be unchecked (In Variation and Is Taxonomy). So I try to figure out what was the issue.

At the end the wrong field was "SKU element for parent", you selected "{uniekeid[1]}" instead of "{skuproductcodeuniekeidnietveranderen[1]}".

Nico

screenshot-2023.02.24-12_55_50.png
February 27, 2023 at 10:19 am #13121961

guyB-5

Hello Nico,

did you change the import settings on my website? Because I don't see {uniekeid[1]} as "SKU element for parent" ? It is {skuproductcodeuniekeidnietveranderen[1]}? So I'm not quit sure what I'm doing wrong?

I also did a new test on my site:
1) I deleted the French import, together with the created products
2) I cleaned the wrongfully created Attributes --> I manually deleted the French attributes in the Dutch list. Result is that the "Attributes" in the "WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency" section were OK (no exclamation mark).
3) I did a new import of the French products.
4) Surprisingly, the French products were imported as variations (didn't work before), BUT the Attributes in the "WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency" are back (see the exclamation mark).

Do I have to delete the Attributes in the French import? Will the French product inherit the translated attributes of the main product in Dutch?

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-27 om 10.56.26.png
Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-27 om 10.49.47.png
Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-27 om 10.48.11.png
Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-27 om 10.44.11.png
Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-27 om 10.40.21.png
February 27, 2023 at 9:33 pm #13129583

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

Maybe I wasn't clear enough:
1. The mistake was in the French import settings were {uniekeid[1]}" was used instead of "{skuproductcodeuniekeidnietveranderen[1]}". I changed it and ran the import and the products were created correctly.

2. Now regarding attributes, they need to be translated BEFORE importing the products. You can either translate them manually or use also an import.

Having said that let's take "Marque moteur" as an example.
1. hidden link
On that page I checked if "Merk Motor" was translated (terms such as Honda but all the attribute itself at the bottom of the page).
Honda and "Merk Motor" are translated!

2. hidden link
Here I noticed that "Marque moteur" still existed as a French attributes registered as a Dutch one (error from previous imports). I deleted it!

3. hidden link
In the French import settings I made sure that all products get updated (before that option was not set). Then I re-run the import and now "Marque moteur: Honda" is showing on the frontend.
You can see in the history
Previous run: 0 Products created 0 updated 37 skipped
New run: 0 Products created 37 updated 0 skipped

screenshot-2023.02.27-16_31_32.png
screenshot-2023.02.27-16_19_41.png
February 28, 2023 at 8:09 am #13131933

guyB-5

Hello Nico,

just tell me if I'm wrong, but I think ALL attributes are already translated BEFORE importing.
That's why there is no exclamation mark in the tabs on the page: hidden link (see previous screenshots please).

But when I go to hidden link AFTER importing the French translation, I see French attributes in the pulldown list. They are not supposed to be in there. They are created when importing the French translation. Even if you delete them manually, they always apear back again after importing the translation. For example: in this test following attributes are French:
- Diametre maxi des branches (mm)
- Largeur de travail (cm)
- Marque moteur
- Profondeur de travail (cm)
- Puissance (ch)
- Type de couteaux
- Type de moteur
In my previoius test (yesterday), I had 3 more French attributes. I don't know why they are not in the list today?
- Moteur Type Model
- Puissance (kW)
- Tension Nominal (V)

So point 2 in your mail, was a result of the previous test. Not because of the attributes are not translated.

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-28 om 08.54.03.png
Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-28 om 08.53.53.png
March 1, 2023 at 12:32 pm #13144685

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

I could reproduce the issue. You're right:
- All attributes are translated
- I checked and "copy/paste" those attribute translation into the FR XLS in case there was a small différence (extra space or something that would prevent them to "match" existing translations)
- I re-imported the XLS and re run the import
- I have the same issue you mentioned!

I'm running out of ideas here, so I have escalated your case to the second tier support team. I'll get back to you when I get their feedback.

Nico

March 2, 2023 at 9:35 pm #13158899

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

So I have a first feedback.
- It seems to be a pretty complex issue to debug but the first thing could be that the products are assigned to the wrong attributes – especially when the names are the same (examples: motor's brand are the same Honda is translated into Honda, or those mm/cm sizes: 50 is translated into 50).
- The other issue could be French accents (Diamètre) but from all the problematic attributes only "Diamètre maxi des branches (mm)" is concerned.

The next step if you agree would be to replicate your site on our servers so that our team can run some tests.
For this, you need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow you to create a copy of your site and your content.
I have activated a private field for you where you can share those files (package + installer).
- You can exclude /wp-uploads from the copy to reduce the size
- Once the package is ready, if the files are too large to upload them to the private field, you can share a link to Google Drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer or any other similar service.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete this copy. Let me know if this is ok with you.
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

March 3, 2023 at 8:13 pm #13166859

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for providing this copy. I forwarded it to the second tier support with all information related to your ticket.

I'll get back to you as soon as I have an answer (probably beginning of next week).

Thanks for your patience and collaboration,
Nico

March 8, 2023 at 1:28 pm #13199277

guyB-5

Hi Nicolas,
Any news yet?

March 8, 2023 at 10:52 pm #13202113

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. We just launched WPML 4.6 and devs have been pretty busy. I sent a reminder to try to prioritize your ticket. I'll get back to you asap.

Nico

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML All import second language doesn't match with the default language’ is closed to new replies.