Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
October 12, 2022 at 2:38 am #12224201

reneZ-3

I am trying to: Figure out why a 502 Error occurs anytime I update a page.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Update

Instead, I got: 502 Error

I changed theme to Default WP Theme + disabled all plugins to no avail. I also added define( 'WPE_GOVERNOR', false ); but its still not working. Site is hosted with WP Engine. Please help.

October 13, 2022 at 3:12 am #12231359

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

I've checked your Website and it's empty with a few navigation links. I guess I would require WP admin access to check on this.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons, and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/plugin for these backup needs.

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if required. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

While checking your debug information, I noticed that your “WP Memory Limit” PHP limit is below the required 128MB or recommended 256MB as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/ . Could you please contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase this PHP value for you?

Thanks!

Kor

October 17, 2022 at 8:22 am #12251605

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

As I've mentioned earlier, your WP Memory Limit is not enough as shown here hidden link

Please increase your Website WP Memory Limit and try again.

You can try inserting this code below into your server wp-config.php file

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Kor

October 17, 2022 at 2:58 pm #12255091

reneZ-3

Ok thanks! I have added in the memory limit to wp-config.php. Let me know if you need me to do anything else.

I did attempt to update any page and it still not showing working.

Thanks!

October 18, 2022 at 4:57 am #12257899

Kor
Supporter

Hi there

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked and the issue is still there. Could you please check with wpengine support ? They need to check the server error logs to see what's causing the 502 Error issue.

Thanks!

Kor

October 18, 2022 at 5:34 pm #12263889

reneZ-3

Here is what WP Engine Replied with

I saw errors in the wp-content/debug.log but they seemed to be from ~12hrs ago

We may have to enable ajax logging to check further. I'm seeing processes stopped for admin-ajax as well as when editing

10 POST /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php
       3 POST /wp-json/wp/v2/pages/2?_locale=user
       3 POST /wp-admin/post.php?post=2&action=edit&meta-box-loader=1&me

And then when I was testing on my side, they replied with this:

Would you know what wpml_action might be tied to? Ajax logging has not been enabled for very long and we're seeing a lot of this

146     [action] => wpml_action
     16     [action] => heartbeat
      2     [action] => wp-remove-post-lock

I am starting a support ticket to provide more info, but is there anything from above that helps?

October 19, 2022 at 3:11 pm #12271447

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Ok, it looks like your hosting provider found the initial issue. An admin-ajax error is usually something that is blocking from your server side. Let me know how it went.

Thanks!

Kor

The topic ‘[Closed] 502 Error anytime updating a Page on WP Engine’ is closed to new replies.