Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Stefan 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Johan.

Author Posts
July 8, 2022 at 12:47 pm #11631059

Stefan

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I am settings up "A different domain per language" - default - English
adding "Spanish" on a different domain (computer-fixes.com).

I am trying to change the website title for the Spanish language. However, when I change it the title on the English site is also changed. Both are the same, I cant seem to change it per language.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
English: hidden link
Spanish: hidden link

July 8, 2022 at 1:34 pm #11631341

Johan

Hi,

Can you please go to WPML > String Translation > Search for "Howto Guide". If you cannot find it, to the following >

2) go to plugin and theme localization and scan both of them maybe this string is part of a builder of a plugin or a theme and you need to scan it to find it.

3) If not please go back to string translation again again don't bellow you have an option to find string while the page Is rendered. Please check the box and activate this option, once it's done search again for the title in the string search box.

Thanks for your cooperation, ☺️
Waiting for your answer.
Johann

July 8, 2022 at 1:40 pm #11631357

Stefan

Yes, that is it. I completely forgot about "String Translation". Thank you!

July 8, 2022 at 1:52 pm #11631457

Stefan

Another question, is it possible to disable specific plugins per language?

July 8, 2022 at 1:56 pm #11631493

Johan

It's not possible to disable a plugin in a specific language. If it's on a front-end page, displaying and you want to hide this specific element for the user not to see it, you can add some basic CSS :

/*adapt this to your own code*/
html[lang=en-US] .element-class {display: none; }

- OR you can modify the plugin code to run a different action per language (require PHP skills)You can use the ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE constant to get the current language, then run a different action based on the active language. See https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-coding-api/

Please note that customization work is not covered by our support policy. If you need, we have a list of experienced contractors available here: https://wpml.org/contractors/

Johann

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.