Skip Navigation

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Anonymous 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Bruce.

Author Posts
September 14, 2017 at 11:26 am #1371803

Anonymous

Hi Support,

I use Elementor to build the pages After that, I use plugin Duplicate Post to clone a page for edit and review before publishing. I have 2 questions:

1. After cloned the page, all translations are missing. I can't experience what the article mention https://wpml.org/2017/04/duplicate-post-plugin-clones-translations-too/

2. After edited the cloned page, only administrator can update the translation of the cloned page. Please advise which access right should be granted for editor to update the translation for different languages.

Thanks.

September 14, 2017 at 4:14 pm #1372191

Amit
Supporter

Hi there,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you resolve those issues.

I hope I understood the issues you are describing.

1. We have a similar issue reported with a different page builder and we are working on a fix for that - for now, the workaround solution is to use WPML post duplication function - in order to do that you can open the post in its original language and click the Duplicate button or you can also go to WPML->Translation Management and then choose the post you'd like to duplicate and again click the duplication button (see images for both options)

2. This issue is not known to us and I have an idea of what might be happening - in order for a WordPress user to be able to translate the content he/she needs to have assigned a translation pair in WPML, Please make sure that in WPML->Translation Management -> Translators you add a user as a translator with the correct language pair (for example English to Spanish).

I hope with this you can continue your translation tasks, otherwise please let me know and I'll help.

Cheers!
Amit

duplicate post.png
Translation Management.png
Add Translator .png
September 14, 2017 at 4:17 pm #1372202

Bruce

Hello,

The Duplicate Post plugin is only able to duplicate translations for normal posts and wont work for pages built with Elementor plugin. I don't think there is a solution or work around for this.

The editor will need to be granted 'editor' rights to update translations.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Bruce

September 15, 2017 at 2:28 am #1372724

Anonymous

Hi Amit,

Although WPML post duplication can duplicate the whole contents with translation, its status is Published. I want to clone the page with translations with draft status, so that the editor can edit the page and submit for approval before go live. Any suggestions?

Regarding the access right for updating translation page, it is resolved, many thanks.

Best,
Miu

The forum ‘Translation support’ is closed to new topics and replies.