Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Tirane (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marsel Nikolli 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Marsel Nikolli.

Author Posts
January 23, 2024 at 11:53 pm #15219213

warrenJ-2

Hi,

We have a site which uses ACF fields and one of them is a select field with choices to select from. Those choices appear in WPML "Strings Translations" but when I insert the translations it doesn't display on the page. Here is an example published page with the text which isn't showing as translated "JPG + PSD via Box":

hidden link

Can you please assist?

Thanks,
Warren

acf screenshot 4.png
acf screenshot 3.png
acf screenshot 2.png
acf screenshot 1.png
January 24, 2024 at 11:02 am #15221160

Marsel Nikolli
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Tirane (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support, I will be happy to help you.

1) From the debug info you provided I noticed that you are using WPML v4.6.7, I would suggest you first update to the latest version v4.6.9 (and also update the WPML addon plugins after).

2) Could you please check on WP-admin -> WPML -> Settings -> Post Types Translation, the fields "Field Groups (acf-field-group)" is set to "Translatable" (please check attached image for related field)

* Note: Please make sure you have a full backup of your website before making any changes/updates.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Marsel

acf-field-group.png
January 26, 2024 at 9:25 pm #15231728

warrenJ-2

Hi, thanks for your solution. It did work however we're seeing more issues now due to that fix. We noticed that changing the "Field Groups (acf-field-group)" is set to "Translatable" made all content invisible in the editor which means no one can see the translation in the editor in WordPress for any page.

Another issue we noticed is that if you add an element to a source English page it will remove translated content from the target page. I've provided a screenshot of the type of element which when added in the source page will remove translation in any target language page.

We copied the LIVE site to a STAGING environment for you to investigate. I can't provide the login details to the staging site on this forum as it's public. Please let me know the best way for me to provide the username/password to our staging site.

Thanks,
Warren

element in source page.png
January 29, 2024 at 8:59 am #15236598

Marsel Nikolli
Supporter

Hi Warren,

Thank you for the update, I would need a temporary access to your website.

Please make a full backup of your site (files and database) and confirm it in your next reply.
* Note: I might need to enable/disable plugins, switch themes and access your website database.

I would need to access both your site's WP-admin and FTP account, please provide both.
Your next reply is set to private for you to provide the username and password details.

You can safely add your information into these fields.

---

The other issues you are facing after switching (acf-field-group)" to "Translatable" started to show up after you made the updates or before?

Thanks,
Marsel

January 30, 2024 at 1:29 pm #15244044

Marsel Nikolli
Supporter

Hi Warren,

Thanks for the access.

Would it be possible to help me out with a video of the issue you are having so I can understand it correctly, as you are using the layout from the plugin "Nested Pages" which makes it a bit confusing for me to troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Marsel

January 31, 2024 at 9:40 am #15248264

warrenJ-2

Hi Marcel,

I've made a video of the issue which is attached. What's the best way I can send it to you? It's about 19mb.

Thanks,
Warren

January 31, 2024 at 9:50 am #15248339

Marsel Nikolli
Supporter

Hi Warren,

You can use any file sharing service (like Google drive, Dropbox, etc.) to share the video.

Thanks,
Marsel

January 31, 2024 at 9:58 am #15248350

warrenJ-2

OK - can you please set this to private so the link is not visible to the public?

Thanks,
Warren

January 31, 2024 at 11:00 am #15248570

warrenJ-2

I would prefer to send the link to your own email address instead of posting on this forum for security purposes. Can you provide your email address to me please?

January 31, 2024 at 1:15 pm #15249454

Marsel Nikolli
Supporter

Hi Warren,

You can send it to my email address: marsel.n@inthegosystems.com

Thanks,
Marsel

January 31, 2024 at 8:47 pm #15252144

warrenJ-2

Cool - I've sent you the file now to your email address. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Warren

February 1, 2024 at 8:21 am #15253188

Marsel Nikolli
Supporter

Hi Warren,

Could you please send it again as the previous email wasn't correct (typo mistake), the correct one is:
marsel.n@onthegosystems.com

Thanks,
Marsel

February 1, 2024 at 9:37 am #15253550

warrenJ-2

No worries - just sent it again to your correct email address. Let us know how it goes!

February 1, 2024 at 11:30 am #15254555

Marsel Nikolli
Supporter

Hi Warren,

Thanks for the video explanation.

I noticed that you are editing the translations by switching the language from the wp-admin top bar, meanwhile you have set the "WPML Translation Editor". In this case you need to edit the translations via Advanced Editor or if you want to edit the translations as you are doing, you need to use the WordPress Editor.

- The "Field Groups (acf-field-group)" is set to Not translatable, which in this case is correct.

Please check the video here: hidden link

* You would need to use either the Advanced Translation Editor (WPML Translation Editor) or the WordPress Editor to translate the posts.

As for the issue you were having with the duplicated block, could you please check again after you choose which translation editor will be used further?

Looking forward to your reply,
Marsel

February 1, 2024 at 12:21 pm #15254848

warrenJ-2

Hi Marcel,

We were told to set the "Field Groups (acf-field-group)" to "Translatable use translation if available or fallback to default language" in order to display the strings translation which appears on this page:

hidden link

"JPG + PSD via Box"

If the "Field Groups (acf-field-group)" is set to "not translatable" then we don't see the above text displayed for any language. The translations for all the languages is stored in Strings Translation.

If we set the "Field Groups (acf-field-group)" to "Translatable" it will show the strings translation on that page but it will then not show any translations in the Editor. You can view the chinese page which shows the strings translation here as an example when you make the field group "Translatable" and "Not Translatable" to see what happens.

You can also see how the translation dissappears from the WP editor when you make the above change.

Can you please let me know if you see what I see from testing the above?

Thanks,
Warren

The topic ‘[Closed] ACF select field not translated’ is closed to new replies.