Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

In short, I have the pricing info in an advanced toggle element for monthly & yearly.

Solution:

1- Go to WPML-> Settings-> Custom XML tab
2- Add the following code

<wpml-config>
  <elementor-widgets>
    <widget name="elementskit-pricing">
      <fields>
        <field>ekit_pricing_table_title</field>
        <field>ekit_pricing_table_subtitle</field>
        <field>ekit_pricing_currency_icon</field>
        <field>ekit_pricing_table_price</field>
        <field>ekit_pricing_table_duration</field>
        <field>ekit_pricing_table_content</field>
        <field>ekit_pricing_btn_text</field>
        <field>ekit_adv_tooltip_content</field>
      </fields>
      <fields-in-item items_of="ekit_pricing_table_content_repeater">
        <field>item</field>
        <field>ekit_pricing_list</field>
      </fields-in-item>
    </widget>
  </elementor-widgets>
</wpml-config>

3- Update the page in the default language
4- Update its translation

Please note that the currency symbol won't be translated using the translation editor, so you will need to edit the translated page using Elementor and change it.

Relevant Documentation:

1- https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/

2- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-compatibility-test-tools-plugin/registering-custom-elementor-widgets-for-translation/

3- For the Toggle element, please check this guide. (https://wpmet.com/doc/translate-ekit-widgets-with-sub-elements/)

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
December 15, 2023 at 10:21 am #15071099

feisale

In short, I have the pricing info in an advanced toggle element for monthly & yearly.

I would like to translate this.

I followed the method described here;
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/advanced-toggle-element-of-the-elementkit-is-not-compatible-with-wpml/#post-12388119

But for the love of me, I can't get it to work.

Hope you can help

December 17, 2023 at 10:54 am #15078675

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

1) First of all, sorry for the late reply; it was due to a higher workload. Please login to this sandbox site and install the ElementsKit plugins. (hidden link)

After that, please create a test page using the toggle element and translate it to replicate the issue.

If the issue is replicable, please let me know how to reproduce it.

2) It's not related to the issue, but according to your Debug.info, the WP memory limit needs to be increased. PHP memory is fine, but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. The minimum requirements for WPML are 128 MB. (Kindly check this page https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/)

You can increase it by adding the following code in your wp-config.php file right before the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */ line:

/* Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Best regards,
Osama

December 19, 2023 at 6:04 am #15088389

feisale

Hi Osama,

Thank you for getting back to me. I have updated the memory.

As for the translation of elementskit advanced toggle; I received a video from their team showing how to make the elements visible for editing and translating here: hidden link

This already helped me a lot and I could translate most.... but not all.

I noticed that some parts of the pricing table I can not translate, for instance the currency symbol or the 2nd and 3rd product button link.

I will install the elementskit in the sandbox environment as soon as it loads, seems very slow

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 14.01.45.png
December 19, 2023 at 6:18 am #15088595

feisale

unfortunately for the advanced toggle; this is an advanced feature so need the pro version. the pro version came with the theme and only 1 license so I can not install. please advise.

December 19, 2023 at 8:55 am #15089913

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your update. Please create a test page on your site named "WPML TEST", add the problematic elements, and translate it.

Also, I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your answer will be private, meaning only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate the Plugins and the Theme and change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Best regards,
Osama

December 19, 2023 at 10:04 am #15090757

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

1) Thanks for the access details. I created and translated a new test page to check the price table issue. (hidden link)

I was able to translate the table content by the following steps:

1- Go to WPML-> Settings-> Custom XML tab
2- Add the following code

<wpml-config>
  <elementor-widgets>
    <widget name="elementskit-pricing">
      <fields>
        <field>ekit_pricing_table_title</field>
        <field>ekit_pricing_table_subtitle</field>
        <field>ekit_pricing_currency_icon</field>
        <field>ekit_pricing_table_price</field>
        <field>ekit_pricing_table_duration</field>
        <field>ekit_pricing_table_content</field>
        <field>ekit_pricing_btn_text</field>
        <field>ekit_adv_tooltip_content</field>
      </fields>
      <fields-in-item items_of="ekit_pricing_table_content_repeater">
        <field>item</field>
        <field>ekit_pricing_list</field>
      </fields-in-item>
    </widget>
  </elementor-widgets>
</wpml-config>

3- Update the page in the default language
4- Update its translation

Please note that the currency symbol won't be translated using the translation editor, so you will need to edit the translated page using Elementor and change it.

Kindly check if the translated test page works correctly. If yes, please update the home page in the default language and its translation.

Please check the following guides to know more about registering page builder widgets.

1- https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/

2- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-compatibility-test-tools-plugin/registering-custom-elementor-widgets-for-translation/

2) For the Toggle element, please check this guide. (hidden link)

I hope this helps you. If you need further info, please let me know.

Best regards,
Osama

December 19, 2023 at 10:26 am #15091305

feisale

Hi Osama,

Thank you for taking the time in helping me.

2 things:
A. I noticed that for 1 dynamic element, specifically by the name "dynamic-content-widget-210658c-a43fd2c" does offer the translation of the other button links, however this is not the case in the other other piece of dynamic content, for instance 2nd one with name "dynamic-content-widget-210658c-ed823ec"

B. as mentioned before these dynamic content items are tricky and can not be changed in the elementor editor us per usual; we can not change the currency symbol through elementor, it would change the main language too

Now, considering that somehow you managed to get the other button links translatable in at least one of dynamic content items, why would this not work for field 'currency' symbol?

Thanks again.

P.s.: I have no issue if you would test on the actual home page where the issue is taking place, I have a backup.

December 19, 2023 at 10:32 am #15091375

feisale

I created a screenrecording to show what I see:
hidden link

December 19, 2023 at 10:44 am #15091445

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

1) Thanks for the video. Please use the search bar to search for the URLs. (Kindly check the attached screenshot)

Also, please update the elements items in the default language and its translation to see the missing links/strings.

Kindly check our guide about translating URLs in the Advanced Translation Editor. (https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-translate-urls-shortcodes-and-html-attributes-using-the-advanced-translation-editor/)

2) The currency symbol is not a test, so it won't show in ATE. In order to translate it, please check the following steps:

1- Go to ElementsKit items-> All Items
2- Switch the language using the top admin bar to Dutch
3- Edit the translated item using Elementor
4- Change the Sympol

Best regards,
Osama

2023-12-19_12-40-13.jpg
December 19, 2023 at 12:29 pm #15092237

feisale

Osama, you were right, thank you for showing me how to do it properly.

Thank you very much!

feisale confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-12-19 12:29:28.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.