Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by wimF 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author Posts
June 22, 2022 at 7:32 am #11516413

wimF

Hoster:

Issue URL: hidden link

Issue Description:

Hi there,

For some reason the page Courses and all child pages that are below Courses in the menu don't work. We can't figure out why. For some reason the Courses page shows only a side bar with archive categories and all the other pages give 404 page not found notifications. Even though in the backend the pages have the exact same URL as the once in the menu. What's going wrong?

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jeroen

June 22, 2022 at 8:27 am #11517003

Nigel
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Jeroen

When I visit the Dutch version of the courses page (hidden link) I can see that appears to be a normal WordPress page with content added.

When I visit the equivalent page in English (hidden link) I can see from the page source that it is a custom post type archive, so it is not showing a translation of the Dutch page.

I suspect the problem is that you have a custom post type registered with a slug of "courses" (which is used for the post type archive) and are trying to use the same slug for the translation of the Dutch Cursussen page, but they both cannot use the same slug.

One option, if you have access to how the courses custom post type is registered, is to disable the archive for that post type (if it is not needed), which will free up "courses" for page URLs.

If that is not possible you need to use a different URL for the translation of your cursussen page than courses (e.g. use the singular "course").

In the context of what you know about your own site, does that make sense?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.