Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 1 year ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
April 9, 2023 at 7:11 pm #13434623

robertop-10

My web sickdogsurf.com was working perfectly with WPML for years, in many languages

hidden link works

hidden link for example doesn't work anymore

I've no idea what is happening, and it is incredibly urgent

Thanks a lot

Roberto

April 10, 2023 at 9:15 am #13436497

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi Roberto,
Thanks for reaching out to us. I will try my best to assist you in this matter.

I understood that the Italian translation of your site is not working on your site. I checked the links you've shared and found that the Italian version of the page is showing the contents correctly. I haven't noticed any issues there.

Please check this video I made while checking the homepage: hidden link

However, I noticed that the cached contents are being served on your site. As the contents are showing fine in the Italian language, will you please check by clearing the caches from your site and browser as well? If the "Object Caching" mechanism is enabled on your site, it is recommended to check by keeping it disabled for some time.

Let me know the update. If further assistance is needed in this matter, feel free to let me know. I will be glad to help.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

April 10, 2023 at 1:23 pm #13437463
robertop-10

Yeah we fixed the problem and now language websites are live.

But now a function disappeared that was very useful in the past: we used to have a menu for english, and that english menu was the same for all other languages: when a page existed in a different language than english, the menu would automatically link to the language page: if the language page didn't exist, then it was simply the english page...

that was before, but now it's not like this: not sure how we can fix that (and not sure how can I keep my WPML plugins updated, i've a lifetime subscription)

Thanks!

Roberto

New threads created by Prosenjit Barman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-the-link-on-the-menu-items-arent-showing-expectedly/

April 11, 2023 at 10:34 am #13444161

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello Roberto,

Glad to hear that the previous issue is fixed now. 🙂

To maintain clarity in the threads, we are only allowed to discuss one issue per thread. So, I split the previous response and created a new ticket for you. A response will be sent to that ticket soon.

Requesting you to mark this thread as resolved if you don't need any assistance in this specific topic.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.