Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
November 13, 2022 at 4:39 pm #12448501

jeroenv-42

I'm trying to make changes to the WPML settings, but the links are not working in the dashboard. Please see hidden link?.
Also, how can I remove the language switcher from the footer? There is no button to save it after disabling this option in the settings.
The website is hidden link. I temporarily disabled all WPML plugins, because I don't want to show the language switcher until all pages have been translated.

November 14, 2022 at 8:02 am #12451345

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

1) I would need to look closely at your site, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I can access it.
❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate the Plugins and the Theme and change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

2) It's not related to the issue, but according to your Debug.info, the WP memory limit needs to be increased. PHP memory is fine, but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. The minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb. (Kindly check this page https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/)

You can increase it by adding the following code in your wp-config.php file right before the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */ line:

/* Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Thanks for your cooperation and patience

Regards,
Osama

The topic ‘[Closed] Bug?’ is closed to new replies.