Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing issues with translating the main calendar display in The Events Calendar Pro plugin, even though other calendar strings are translating correctly. Days and months are not being translated as expected.

Solution:
First, we asked the client to confirm if they are using The Events Calendar Pro plugin, which is compatible with WPML. We then directed the client to ensure that the translations for these strings are pulled through the WP .mo files by following these steps:
1. Navigate to WPML → Theme and plugins localization.
2. Select The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar Pro and scan both of them.

Next, we provided additional steps to translate the days of the week:
1. Go to WPML → String Translation.
2. Search for the day (e.g., 'Mon') and ensure 'Exact match' and 'Include translations' are selected.
3. Translate all occurrences that appear.
4. Hover over the Litespeed option and clear all cache.
5. Test the changes in an incognito window.

We also mentioned that we had already translated 'Mon' to 'Lun' for the client and asked them to do the rest of the days.

If the solution provided here is not relevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case, we recommend opening a new support ticket. We highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If further assistance is needed, please contact us on the WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
February 12, 2024 at 9:04 pm #15294811

elizabethH

The Calendar in our site which is compatible with WPML is not translating as expected.
The developer of Calendar Pro has done a full search, and checked all issues on their end of the plugin, we have switched all themes and plugins off but still see the same issue.
Other calendar strings are translating. but not the main calendar display.
Developers have asked me to reach out to you to see if there is a possible bug with our downloaded version.
Days and Months not translating..

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 4.02.10 PM.png
February 12, 2024 at 10:47 pm #15295110

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi,

Is the calendar you are using coming from The Events Calendar Pro plugin?

This is a compatible plugin with WPML and typically the translations for these strings are pulled through your WP .mo files.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/build-multilingual-events-websites-events-calendar-wpml/#translate-time-date-format

Please go to WPML → Theme and plugins localization , select the evnts calendar as well as the pro version and scan both of them.

Let me know if this helps please

February 15, 2024 at 6:33 pm #15308988

elizabethH

HI Again, I still need assistance, I tried everything you mentioned and still am showing the month and days in English on our French page..: hidden link

Please also see screenshot:

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 1.32.51 PM.png
February 16, 2024 at 2:01 am #15309845

Bobby
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

February 23, 2024 at 10:33 pm #15339594

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details!

I went to WPML->Theme and Plugins localization and re-scanned the events calendar and calendar pro plugins.

Once done I went back to WPML->String Translation-> search for the strings and made sure they had their translations.

Then clear the Cache and view it in an incognito window, if you are not seeing the translation test with an incognito window, please.

Screen Shot 2024-02-23 at 2.26.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-02-23 at 2.24.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-02-23 at 2.17.50 PM.png
February 23, 2024 at 11:45 pm #15339676

elizabethH

Thank you for the assistance, we are getting there, BUT, the month is now corrected in French but the days of the week still show in English..

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 6.43.31 PM.png
February 26, 2024 at 10:29 pm #15346618

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for updating me!

Please do the following:

1. Go to WPML->String Transaltion
2. Search for the day ex. Mon and make sure to have selected
Exact match & Include translations
3. Translate all occurrences that show (3 showed for me)
4. Hover over the Litespeed option and clear all cache
5. Use an incognito window to test

I have already translated Mon to Lun, please do the rest of the days and let me know your results.

Screen Shot 2024-02-26 at 2.27.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-02-26 at 2.26.04 PM.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.