Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by andrea 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas.

Author Posts
February 28, 2023 at 11:03 am #13134211

andrea

Hi, i'm trying to set my website default language to "Italian" so my plugins can use the correct language to display text. The problem is that i noticed that if i try to change the language from english to any other language, the language will remain english, i need to change default language to italian so my plugins can work correctly multi lingual.

February 28, 2023 at 1:38 pm #13136117

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for contacting us.

1) Can you please share us with more info on steps you do or images/video of how are you changing the default language and what goes wrong during this process?

This will help us understand better the issue and what are you trying to achieve.

2) In order to expedite handling your support requests, can you please share WPML support debug information from your site.

- To give debug information, login to your site and go to WPML → Support. From there click on the “debug information” link at the bottom of the page.
- Once on the “debug information” page, select the entire content of the text box and copy it.
- Now go back to our support forum, find debug information box and paste it.

More information on the link: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thanks,
Drazen

February 28, 2023 at 2:55 pm #13136895

andrea

As you can see, the default language is italian, but we still see in english, if i disable wpml and set the main language to italian from general settings, right after enabling wpml it will come back to english.

screen 2.png
screen 1.png
February 28, 2023 at 3:16 pm #13137163

Andreas

Hello there

I saw that you changed your default language to IT , but I am not sure if you can understand correctly the use of the admin language bar on the top you are showing me.

This language admin bar is only for showing you the content created based on the selection.

It has nothing to do with the language of the admin strings you are having.

If you wish the whole WordPress backend switched to IT language, this can be done only per user.

Go to to WPML > User > Profile and select the It language.

Then the backend will show in IT

I hope this clears things to you

Regards,
Andreas

March 1, 2023 at 12:52 pm #13144937

andrea

I did the change, but it only changes the language for my user, not for the entire website envrionment, i see that my plugins still shows in english unfortunately.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.