Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mikhaelA 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author Posts
September 1, 2022 at 1:55 pm #11971723

mikhaelA

I am trying to:
get the product visibility by user role to work in both language at the same time (FR/EN).
If I update the FR product, the front end is good for this language only and if I update the EN product, the EN one will be good but the FR product won’t follow the rule i gave in the product visibility setting.(Both of my language have the same visibility setting its on the front end that I don’t see the same result) So it seems its one or the other, but never both.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link (you can switch between FR and EN to see the difference)

I expected to see:
In both language I need to have the same product displayed.

Instead, I got:
One language have the right product displayed and the other displays all the product.

September 2, 2022 at 2:00 pm #11978329

Nigel
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi there

I can see from an earlier report relating to the Product Visibility by User Role plugin that it is the plugin authors themselves who write and maintain a compatibility layer with WPML.

As such we don't have copies of the plugin available for testing.

Given that it is maintained by the plugin authors, you might be better contacting them to ask what is expected in a multilingual context.

But if you would like me to investigate the problem I can create a sandbox site with WPML installed where you can set up a demonstration of the issue, and I will look into it.

Let me know if you would like to try that and I will share access details.

September 2, 2022 at 5:51 pm #11979271

mikhaelA

Thanks for the reply,

I did a ticket on the plugin page too and they said wpml isn't supported.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.