Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
July 11, 2022 at 9:16 am

alexisB-4

I am trying to: I updated the wpml plugins

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got: the images are not there

The base language of my website is french. the site is also available in dutch and english.
The problem is with the products (produits in french) custom post type. The images are not displayed in english, but they are displayed in french and dutch. The rest of the site works find in all languages.
I use acf for the fields and images of the custom post type

July 12, 2022 at 8:47 am #11647901

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

I've checked your product page here in French Language hidden link and I can see that you've uploaded images into an ACF gallery field.

Looks like it's not being copied to your English Language. To fix this, I went to WPML > Settings > Translation of custom fields > Checked the "Show "Multilingual Content Setup" meta box on post edit screen." option.

Now, if you look into this product page below, hidden link , you'll see an option to set the "ACF field name: gallery ACF field type: gallery" to "Copy" as shown in the attached screenshot.

Once you've done that, translate the page one more time to copy the gallery image to your translated page.

Could you give it a try and see if it works?

Thanks!

Kor

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 4.45.19 PM.jpg
July 12, 2022 at 6:19 pm #11653305

alexisB-4

Hi,

I tried it with 2 products (hidden link and hidden link) and it doesn't work.
It removes the error message, but the images still aren't there

July 13, 2022 at 4:08 pm #11661281

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked further, and I noticed that the English "product" ACF does not have the "gallery" fields as shown here hidden link .

You should use the "duplicate" feature when translating the fields in ACF so that the fields get copied to your translated page.

Could you correct the missing ACF fields and then try to translate the products again to see if the gallery images are being copied?

Reference : https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#getting-started

Thanks!

Kor

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 12.07.48 AM.jpg
August 1, 2022 at 11:24 am #11776445

alexisB-4

Hi,

It is already set to "duplicate".
What i don't understand, is why it works in dutch, but not in english.
It worked fine a month ago, before i updated the wpml plugins. Before that, i had an old version (2 years)

Thanks

August 1, 2022 at 11:26 am #11776457

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

I've received your request to reopen this ticket. Please feel free to response to this ticket.

Thanks!

Kor

August 1, 2022 at 11:41 am #11776633

alexisB-4

Hi,
I responded just before you posted.

Thanks.

August 2, 2022 at 4:07 am #11781479

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked your Website and can see the misconfiguration you had there. The "Field Groups" in WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation must be configured as "Not translatable" as shown in the attached screenshot.

Now, all you have to do would be to make minor edits to your product titles(to refresh the "Advanced Translation Editor") and re-translate them. Then the custom fields will be copied over as shown here hidden link

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Kor

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 12.03.18 PM.jpg
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.