Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 14:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Lisbon (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Johan 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Johan.

Author Posts
October 27, 2022 at 9:40 am #12322565

aniqued

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I translate a product to dutch. It is possible to translate the tabs, only the tabs not visible at the page.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

October 27, 2022 at 12:45 pm #12324477

Johan

Hello here 👋,

Thanks for contacting the support of WPML.
I will do my best to help you.

Can you be more precise with the "tabs", what do you mean exactly? The tabs for example "description" ?

I've checked some products of yours, I don't see any tabs on the product page => hidden link

Could you please add a screenshot?

Also if those tabs are simple words that are not translated I suggest that you check in our menu "string translation" if you cannot find it there.

Please go to WPML → Theme and plugin localization, scan the theme/plugin that contains these strings, and then try again to translate them in the WPML → String Translation area.

If this doesn't fix the issue, go to WPML → String Translation, then follow these steps to make the strings available for translation:
→ Go to WPML → String Translation;

→ Scroll down the page and enable the Look for strings while pages are rendered option;

→ Go to the page where the strings you want to translate are visible and refresh the page;

→ go back to WPML → String Translation;

→ disable the Look for strings while pages are rendered option;

→ look again for the strings in WPML

→ String Translation area and translate them.

Please it is important that you do the following steps meticulously ☺️

October 27, 2022 at 1:14 pm #12324575

aniqued

Hi,

It is possible to translate the tabs, I see them in the translation page.
Only when I completed the translations, I didn't see it in the frontpage of the product page.
hidden link

Schermafbeelding 2022-10-27 om 15.12.56.png
Schermafbeelding 2022-10-27 om 15.13.14.png
October 27, 2022 at 2:21 pm #12325099

Johan

I see thanks.

I'll need to take a closer look at your configuration, so for that, I'll need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) 💻

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access. Also after a few weeks access is removed from this thread.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌
You can use this plugin to do this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
It's done in just a few minutes. If Duplicator is not working please use another one, this was just a suggestion.

☑️ Permissions:
✙ I would need your permission to disable and re-enable plugins and theme and to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason why the backup is critical.

✙ I would also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the problem without affecting your live site. So you can drop the two files you will see with the duplicator plugin, in the field provided.

Johan

The topic ‘[Closed] Custom tabs possible to translate, only not visible at the product page’ is closed to new replies.