Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 -
- 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Alejandro.

Author Posts
April 16, 2024 at 9:04 am #15523657

antonyS-6

Translating Portuegse on our site which has English as the main lanugage. WPML has overriden the English product attributes with Dutch. Also subsequentlally broken product attribute swatches which show the single variations.

April 16, 2024 at 9:25 am #15523761

antonyS-6

Please set so I can add log in credentials as requested

April 16, 2024 at 9:27 am #15523780

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,

As per your request, I have converted your chat to a ticket. I also have enabled the Private box for you so that you can securely share the access information. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Feel free to let us know if there is anything else you need help with.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

April 16, 2024 at 2:52 pm #15526584

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
My name is Carlos and I will continue working on this ticket

Thank you very much for sharing the access credentials. I kindly ask you to follow these steps in order to rule out possible causes of this issue:
- Create a full backup of the site
- Go to hidden link -> Translate the product permalink base as indicated in the first section
- Go to hidden link -> Update all outdated plugins, themes and the core
- Flush the cache memory
- Go to WPML -> Languages -> Site Languages -> Click on 'Edit languages' link -> Map the languages as described in this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/using-automatic-translation-with-custom-languages/#in-the-languages-settings
- Re-save the permalinks
- Double-check if the issue disappeared

If the issue persists, then I kindly ask you to describe step-by-step how to reproduce it.

Looking forward to your message.
Regards,
Carlos

April 19, 2024 at 7:04 am #15541975

antonyS-6

Please can we leave this for Alejandro he has taken ownership of this personally. Please ensure the ticket stays open for him to look at.

April 22, 2024 at 9:06 am #15548861

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

There are a few things that need to be done at the moment in order to have everything working correctly which i'm listing below but please start by watching this video: hidden link

1) Update WPML and its add-ons. i did this for you but this was the first step to make sure there wasn't a bug we had already fixed happening on your site

2) Setting up the mapping for every language: weirdly your site had lost all its mapping. that's not normal, unless someone started changing them or removed them manually. they need to exist in order to be translated automatically. I also fixed this for you but you may want to change the mapping on some languages to adhere to your requirements. it's done via WPML > Languages > Edit languages.

3) WooCommerce Multilingual Settings and requirements. if you go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Status, you'd see some things that needed to be done which could cause issues like the ones you mentioned. my colleague had asked you to do this before.

Please check this out, retranslate a product and if the problem continues, please let me know what you expected (in details, what attribute was not correctly translated), what you did and send me the link of the product that you tested this issue with, so we can use it as a reference.

-----------------

Please know this is just part one of the solution, so it's very likely there's more to do after this.

April 22, 2024 at 2:39 pm #15551453

Alejandro
Supporter

You can add the credentials in the fields i have enabled, as talked in our mail exchange.

Regards.

April 29, 2024 at 7:35 am #15575153

antonyS-6

This ticket is still open ref Alejandro. Cleanup bot wants to close.

April 29, 2024 at 4:18 pm #15578170

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello there!

Can you please add the credentials in the fields i mentioned? i mistakenly thought you had sent it but i never received it (And i sent a mail about it as soon as i realized it, to which i had no answer).

Please do so because without it, i can't do anything!

The topic ‘[Closed] English product attributes are overwritten with Dutch’ is closed to new replies.