Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by oldrichH 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
March 2, 2023 at 9:39 pm #13158905

oldrichH

I am trying to:
Send all portfolio items to translation in TM

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Translation basket proceed without errors

Instead, I got:
Error message about the only one post

I already understand what is meant by this messgae and I am able to confugure XML file to make any theme compatible with WPML, but this theme is compatible a this post does't contain any encoded content or values in the Enfold editor AVIA. It also does not use any non standard elements, so the message is probably false positive warning. Bu I can not pass through.

Here is not the source code of the page, because has more than 5000 characters 🙂

March 2, 2023 at 9:44 pm #13158911

oldrichH

Source code of the page for debug:
hidden link

March 3, 2023 at 6:48 am #13160669

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

If possible please share with me a screenshot of the message so I can review it as well.

Unfortunately, the above-shared file is showing that it has been deleted.

March 3, 2023 at 7:51 am #13160981

oldrichH

Hello, thanks, the file with source is here:
hidden link

I tryed to reproduce the problem with English and the error was not appear, because I am using CTE. The error appears only in language associated with ATE, in my case it was Spanish. But the translation is completed now, I made some hack to bypass this problem. Later I tested the same with one dummy language and error appear again.

I have found simillar thread in the forum where the message is the same:
hidden link
from https://wpml.org/forums/topic/base64-fields-error/

I am sorry, I did not check wich fiels was mentioned as a problematic but it should be in the source.

March 3, 2023 at 10:29 am #13162457

oldrichH

So I successfully submitted a new translation to ATE without knowing it. I have the existing translations set to open in CTE because the translation only required an update. Instead, I got an almost empty ATE opened. So typical WPML logic, however it has now mysteriously shipped without an error message, which I'm not really surprised by anymore either. It probably only surprises me anymore when something works...

But that's happening too, because apart from one post there was no problem with translation into a new language in ATE, and that's great.

When I really needed it twice, I have got the error about decoding encoded string, which probably does not exists... So we can say, the problem appears only with new translation to the new language.

March 3, 2023 at 7:32 pm #13166675

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for updating me!

Glad to hear the issue was somewhat resolved and you can move forward with that translation, you said "the problem appears only with new translation to the new language." are you able to reproduce it still with new translations?

If yes, we will need to take a closer look at this.

March 4, 2023 at 7:06 pm #13170625

oldrichH

Yes, with new language there is a error.
norbou.com/extra/share/wpml-bug-8965.zip

Image 2023 16 03 001.png
Image 2023 59 04 001.png
March 6, 2023 at 6:59 pm #13182971

Bobby
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

March 8, 2023 at 9:51 am #13197347

oldrichH

This site is large more than 10 GB and database only has over 670 MB.
Could you try to replicate the error on a clean installation with the supplied page content? If we know the problematic string, isn't that enough? There's probably an error in the detection function, because detected string is false positive. Please ask developers to test this string directly by the function.

Here is a duplicator package with compressed database only.
hidden link

March 8, 2023 at 6:11 pm #13201405

Bobby
Supporter

That should not be a problem, I have created a sandbox for us, please access it using the link below and add the page content that is triggering this behavior.

hidden link

You might need to also install Enfold as it's using the page builder blocks.

I did test this using the provided text and could not reproduce the error. See test page created in the sandbox.

March 9, 2023 at 11:37 am #13206435

oldrichH

Ok, I tried it like you did, copy the source page and send it to translate, and it was no problem. The page source contains the problematic string: pozvankanavystavuumenimkesvobode in the link hidden link .
I plan to make a 1:1 copy of the entire site this week where we can experiment freely, and I'll send you full access there.

March 9, 2023 at 7:12 pm #13210403

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you!

I have discussed this with our team, and our function to detect base64 is getting confused with that filename.

As a workaround, you can edit
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/utilities/class-wpml-encoding-validation.php and replace is_base64 function with

public function is_base64( $string ) {
    return false;
}

Let me know your results, please.

March 10, 2023 at 1:27 pm #13217867

oldrichH

Media sent to translation.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you for the consultation and finding the cause!

I made the edit in the source.
To be able to update WPML I hope that the function will be corrected in future version or I will need to make a workarround in my child theme's functions.php.

Will it work also?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.