Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
May 23, 2023 at 12:32 pm #13699123

jakubW-4

Hello,
we have recently started to receive an issue we didn't experience before: on a translated website there are appearing extra <p> and <br> tags. This problem is new to our site, but I am not able to connect it to any change we have made. I have updated WP, WPML and WPBakery to the latest versions but it didn't solve the problem.

Here is one of the examples:
hidden link

Best regards

May 23, 2023 at 7:45 pm #13703147

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons, and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/plugin for these backup needs.

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if required. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

While checking your debug information, I noticed that your “WP Memory Limit” PHP limit is below the required 128MB or recommended 256MB as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/ . Could you please contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase this PHP value for you?

Thanks!

Kor

May 25, 2023 at 3:52 pm #13717867

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I can see the issue you had there. Are you getting this issue on all the pages or only this one? It could be related to a minor glitch that generated the HTML tags.

I've edited the English Language page here hidden link and manually remove the HTML tags for the text editor. It seems to work fine now hidden link

Could you check and let me know how it goes?

Thanks!

Kor

May 26, 2023 at 11:34 am #13722881

jakubW-4

Hello Kor,
I am not sure what you mean by "manually remove the HTML tags for the text editor" but now it looks like production site (translation is visible) and replicates the issue with <p> tags in the first block of text. Please have a look at the image attached.

Thanks,
Jakub

Zrzut ekranu 2023-05-26 133318.png
May 26, 2023 at 1:46 pm #13723639

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I've only made changes to the staging site here. hidden link

Are you able to provide access to your production site? Since I know where the issue came from, I will record a screen recording that shows you what I did.

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons, and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/plugin for these backup needs.

Thanks!

Kor

May 26, 2023 at 2:13 pm #13723727

jakubW-4

Dear Kor,
I thought you made changes to hidden link
At site hidden link text blocks are still in Polish although they were 100% translated to Eng.

If possible, please record a screencast using staging site hidden link where the <p> tags issue still exists.

May 26, 2023 at 6:01 pm #13724905

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

You can use this workaround to fix the issue on your production site. hidden link .

I will have to escalate this to our 2nd Tier Support so that they could check on it.

I would need a site snapshot. Or can we have your permission to create a snapshot on our own?

We usually recommend the free Plugin “Duplicator” for this purpose.

If you already know how Duplicator works ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),please skip the following steps and just send me the archive file you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions hidden link https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

If the file is too large (more than 400M), please use the Duplicator file filters to remove the cache, the wp-uploads directory, the media, and the archive files.

Send me the link to the archive file (you probably want to use Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big).

Your next reply will be private, which means that only you and I will be able to see it and have access to it.

You can paste the link to the file there.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

Thanks!

Kor

May 29, 2023 at 9:57 am #13730995

jakubW-4

Hello Kor,
thank you for the screencast. I should have find this workaround by myself, it's so obvious 🙂
Please feel free to make a Duplicator snapshot on your own.

Regards,
Jakub

May 31, 2023 at 7:13 pm #13749633

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm able to download a duplicator copy of the Website and I will check on it and will come back to you as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

Kor

June 5, 2023 at 8:28 am #13767849

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your patience.

I've checked and I noticed that you're still using the very old version of the WoodMart theme. According to the changelog here hidden link , there are numerous updates/fixes for WPML which could fix the issue permanently.

Kindly update the theme to the latest version and let me know if the translation issue persists on your new page/post.

The topic ‘[Closed] Extra and tags on translated site’ is closed to new replies.