Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year, 6 months ago.

Author Posts
October 27, 2022 at 9:14 am #12322141

nguyenV

Following my support ticket number #12195111

Sorry for the late reply.

We had issues with String Translation after updates : the widgets on our website's footer where only showing in english, even on the french version of our website: hidden link

We have followed the provided steps:
1- Go to WPML-> Theme and plugins localization, select your theme/plugin, and scan
2- Go to WPML-> String Translation
3- Scroll down and click on the "Translate texts in admin screens "" link
4- Search for the needed strings
5- Select the strings
6- Click on the "Add to String Translation" button
7- Then click on "the " Return to String Translation" link
8- Translate the strings, clear the cache, and check the front end

I managed to update the first 2 columns "To keep in mind/A retenir" and "About us/A propos".
However, the last 2 columns' translation doesn't update even after clearing cash.
As you can see on the attached pictures I even translated other Strings just to see if it changed something, in case I chose the wrong associated String.

Do you know why isn't the translation working on the website?

Thank you for your help.

Translation not working.png
Footer Recent posts translation.png
Footer Recent posts translated.png
Footer Information translation.png
Footer Information translated.png
October 29, 2022 at 3:40 pm #12336227

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. While you are waiting for one of my colleagues to take this ticket and work on it, let me provide you with first debugging steps or if I can perhaps help with the issue quickly. In your Appearance -> Widgets section, are you displaying widgets for All Languages, or are you creating separate widgets for each language? If you do not have separate widgets per language, could you test that and see if the translations display as expected?

Also, if you go to WPML -> Support, if you scroll down the page do you see any items in red on that page?

The topic ‘[Closed] Follow-up of my #12195111 issue ticket’ is closed to new replies.