Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.60 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Sayed 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
March 19, 2024 at 6:03 pm #15428276

steveM-6

Tell us what you are trying to do?

After several changes on the site, (the default language of the site is Spanish) we can't publish the English translation of the Front Page (created in Elementor).

On the Pages section of WP, it is showing that an English translation needs to be added, however, the translation does exist (if you click on the + link to add an English translation, the translated content loads OK and is at 100%) save and close it and it doesn't publish, or show that it's complete. (See upload WPML1)

If I access WP Settings>Reading - it tells me that there is no translation set for the home page and to edit the translation! (See upload WPML2)

I've no idea why this is happening but would appreciate some help to resolve it!

Many thanks

Stevie Mitchell - stevie.mitchell@gmail.com

hidden link

WPML2.png
WPML1.png
March 19, 2024 at 10:27 pm #15429085

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Stevie,
Thanks for contacting WPML support.

Please create a full backup of the database and website then go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page, and click the following:

- Clear the Cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Fix WPML table collation
- Set language information
- Fix post type assignment for translations

Then edit the original page, update it with a minor change and create the translation.

Let me know please if that helps.

Kind regards,
Mohamed

March 20, 2024 at 6:11 pm #15433358

steveM-6

Thank you Mohamed!

That worked a treat and I've been busily updating everything today thanks to you.

steveM-6 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-03-20 18:11:33.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.