Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.90 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
12:00 – 20:00 12:00 – 20:00 12:00 – 20:00 12:00 – 20:00 12:00 – 20:00 - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author Posts
December 10, 2022 at 8:07 am #12624951

Adem

Hi i had a working site, but suddenly when i want to translate a page and click on + or the gear sign.

I am redirecting to the "Translate Queu" page and there when i click on "Take and translate" i get error with "The translator could not be assigned to the job" see screenshot. I am logged in as a Administrator

What i already have done
- Disabled plugins
- Disabled child theme
- Assigned me a as a translator

But still i cant changed the pages.

On new pages when i want to translate, i get this error

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_source_language_code() on bool in /home/customer/www/jowa.nl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/functions-load-tm.php:486 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: wpml_tm_create_ATE_job_creation_model('126', 0) #1 /home/customer/www/jowa.nl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/Fns.php(164): array_map('wpml_tm_create_...', Array, Array) #2 [internal function]: WPML\FP\Fns::WPML\FP\{closure}('wpml_tm_create_...', Array) #3 /home/customer/www/jowa.nl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/fp/core/functions.php(152): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array) #4 [internal function]: WPML\FP\Fns::WPML\FP\{closure}('wpml_tm_create_...', Array) #5 /home/customer/www/jowa.nl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/collect/src/Illuminate/Support/Traits/Macroable.php(56): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array) #6 /home/customer/www/jowa.nl/pub in /home/customer/www/jowa.nl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/functions-load-tm.php on line 486

i am struggling for a week with this problem, please help me!

Screenshot 2022-12-10 at 08.53.39.png
December 11, 2022 at 11:48 am #12628797

Adem

?

December 11, 2022 at 12:01 pm #12628889

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

It seems the chat is disconnected somehow, you can join the chat again by opening the below link in a browser: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-chat-support-ticket-by-adem-1670749809/

Thank you

December 11, 2022 at 1:36 pm #12629215

Noman
Supporter

There were a few columns missing on your site database tables somehow that’s why you were facing this issue.

I have followed the below steps on your test site in order to fix this issue:

1. Installed the “WP phpMyAdmin” plugin.
2. Choose your database
3. Run the following query:

ALTER TABLE wp_icl_translate ADD COLUMN wrap_tag varchar(16) NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE wp_icl_string_packages ADD COLUMN word_count varchar(2000) NULL;
ALTER TABLE wp_icl_core_status ADD COLUMN tp_revision int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1;
ALTER TABLE wp_icl_core_status ADD COLUMN ts_status text DEFAULT NULL;
ALTER TABLE wp_icl_translate_job ADD COLUMN edit_timestamp int(11) unsigned DEFAULT NULL;

For the new pages, it will open up in a WPML Translation Editor without any issues and for the stuck pages, please first try to cancel the translation job from WPML >> Translation Management> Jobs tab and then try to translate them again. Here is a doc for more details:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/#how-to-cancel-translation-jobs

It seems to be working correctly on your staging site now. Can you please check and confirm?

If you need to follow the same steps on your live site, please make sure to take a complete backup of your site files and database first for safety reasons.

Thank you

December 11, 2022 at 9:36 pm #12630379

Adem

I have run the query and cancelled the job. But the problem still persist.

Can u check the live website?

December 12, 2022 at 7:21 am #12631961

Noman
Supporter

Sure, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site, so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to deactivate and reactivate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] I can not translate pages, it is going to the queupage’ is closed to new replies.