Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're trying to enable the automatic translation feature and choose DeepL as your translation engine, but only Microsoft is available, follow these steps.
Solution:
1. We may request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to investigate the issue.
2. Before providing access, ensure you back up your site files and database.
3. We will check various settings in the backend and may duplicate the site to work in a separate environment, ensuring your live site remains unaffected.
4. After we have accessed your site, we will adjust the settings to make sure the translation engines, including DeepL, show up correctly.
5. Once we've made the necessary changes, we'll ask you to check if the translation engines are now available for selection.

Please remember to follow our Privacy and Security Policy when providing debug information.

If this solution doesn't seem relevant to your issue, please open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
November 23, 2023 at 3:40 pm #14910061

John

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have enabled the automatic translation feature and want to choose DeepL as a translation engine. But I only have Microsoft there.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Screenshot 2023-11-23 163640.png
November 25, 2023 at 12:23 pm #14922335

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

November 29, 2023 at 4:29 pm #14954159

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

Thank you for the credentials but it seems that they are incomplete.

The issue is that there is no password provided in the private fields at the top.

Can you please edit that field and add the password, too?

Please let me know once that's ready.

Thank you!

Mihai

November 30, 2023 at 10:40 am #14960929

John

Hello,

Thank you for your message. I've updated the credentials.

Kind regards,
Vitalii

December 2, 2023 at 10:23 pm #14978855

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the credentials.

I can confirm that I was able to log in successfully this time.

I am spending more time on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have more feedback.

I will leave the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

December 5, 2023 at 10:22 am #14995363

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Thank you so much for your patience.

The translation engines should show up correctly now.

This needed to be handled from our settings as the other translation engines were not available for this domain.

Please check and let me know if it still doesn't show up fine on your end - for me, it looks fine.

Have a lovely rest of the day!

Mihai

John confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-12-11 13:51:21.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.